[Release] Office Integrator v1.1

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Postby ChiefZeke » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Just downloaded the latest Help_File.RAR - double-clicked and down it came. :D
ChiefZeke

Users Information

Descarga

Postby mdbdm » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:46 am

No puedo descargar el archivo de ayuda con las actualizaciones de offce.[color="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

[/color]no puedo descargar el archivo help_files.zip
mdbdm

Users Information

Postby ChiefZeke » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:25 pm

The latest .CHM file says Office Integrator 1.2 was recently released - no date given.

Where is it?

Also, the .CHM file has updates for Office XP listed for March 2010 but the updated date is still 3/5/2009 - someone missed it. :p
ChiefZeke

Users Information

Postby benners » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:12 am

ChiefZeke wrote:The latest .CHM file says Office Integrator 1.2 was recently released - no date given.

Where is it?

Also, the .CHM file has updates for Office XP listed for March 2010 but the updated date is still 3/5/2009 - someone missed it. :p

Yep I had missed that, cheers. As for the release I am doing a full time uni course and in the middle of 4 assignments whilst working fulltime thus playing catch up for uni. The answer is when I get time, hence no date.

The changes for Office 2007 are a bit of a ballache to fit in to the current code. It would be easier to re write the code but this would break functionality elsewhere and, lead to problems that have already been sorted.

If the functions had been requested when I asked at the beginning the code would have been neater.

I would love to rewrite the whole thing but time won't let me. :)
benners

Users Information

Postby nikooajju » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:09 am

Hi everyone. It surely is an excellent tool. I just love tools that make microsoft look stupid :p
But I see that OI consumes lot of CPU when the sort2cabs script runs in d background (makecab part). The CPU usage for Office Integrator.exe process goes upto 40 and this definitely slows down makecab and ultimately the integration process. Is it supposed to happen?? :confused:
nikooajju

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:41 am

I don't think these tools make MS look stupid - They've got 1000's of pretty smart people working for them, i think what they suffer from is big-business bad decision making. Basically they are so big and hold the market that end users haven't got any control and must adapt.
As points for office:
1 - the change in how updates are applied - prior to 2007 they could be slipstreamed, now they are applied after instation, definitly not as convienent as slipstreaming.
2 - deployment - prior to 2007 deployments were easy with msi/mst deplyments, now with office 2007 & 2010 they don't allow it (or not practically)

So these changes were decided on, not because they were stupid, but because probably there was some reason and the streamroller of large corporations allowed this into the final product, perhaps for some very good reasons, however whatever they are no one is telling and the complaints of this type of unhelpful change keeps on piling up, yet with very few exceptions MS keeps on doing stuff like that

Anyways - as the OI says on it "Working Hard" so yeah its normal for the CPU to spike while doing its magic
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby nikooajju » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:45 am

Hmm..you're right about MS but not about OI :rolleyes: .

OI calls Windows Script Host to run sort2cabs.js which is an independent script and after calling it, sits idle and waits for the script to complete execution. Then it proceeds with other actions such as cleaning up and restoring files.

That is why I believe it should not be consuming high cpu and in case I'm wrong please correct me.
nikooajju

Users Information

Postby benners » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:25 pm

nikooajju wrote:Hmm..you're right about MS but not about OI :rolleyes: .

OI calls Windows Script Host to run sort2cabs.js which is an independent script and after calling it, sits idle and waits for the script to complete execution. Then it proceeds with other actions such as cleaning up and restoring files.

That is why I believe it should not be consuming high cpu and in case I'm wrong please correct me.

You are right with the call to windows script, but there is also a loop that that reads the log file created by the sort2cabs.js. What the OI does is read the info from the log file as it's written to display the current cab name being compressed. It is not vital to the operation but gives some feedback to the user as to what is happening as opposed to just displaying working hard.

I have tried to figure out how to convert the js file to Autoit and even went on rent-a-coder to see if anyone could do it but there were only 10 views and only one reply which although starting it the bloke couldn't finish it :(
benners

Users Information

Postby nikooajju » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:40 am

benners wrote:You are right with the call to windows script, but there is also a loop that that reads the log file created by the sort2cabs.js. What the OI does is read the info from the log file as it's written to display the current cab name being compressed. It is not vital to the operation but gives some feedback to the user as to what is happening as opposed to just displaying working hard.

I have tried to figure out how to convert the js file to Autoit and even went on rent-a-coder to see if anyone could do it but there were only 10 views and only one reply which although starting it the bloke couldn't finish it :(

Thanks for the clarification benners.
May be you can just include a check-box to enable additional feedback and a tooltip which can tell user that it may slow down the integration (cabbing) process. This way we can let OI relax ;)
nikooajju

Users Information

Postby ron spencer » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:16 am

whenever I run this program I get autoit and array errors when I tell it to execute th integration...any ideas why?
ron spencer

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Office Integrator