[Release] OEMScan Addons v1.4.1

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Postby Siginet » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:48 pm

Ok cool. I'll play around with this. I'd really like to find a way to accomplish this without winnt.sif. I'm gonna try a few ideas I have based on this.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:50 pm

thanks, that's great!

I have yet to try to create a slipstreamed OEM Windows CD, but it is looking great! I have a few questions that maybe you can answer;

1) What is the difference between your script and the script from FreeStyle? and why is it better?

2) Is your script setting the key at T13 and is Freestyle's setting it at t39?

3) If the key is set at t39, how is it set since my understanding is that it needs to be set at t13?

4) in the winnt.sif file what do you put for the product key?

thanks
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:32 pm

OK, there seems to be a misunderstanding. The WINNT.SIF entry ProductKey="blah" is not needed with this addon. The only entry required is the DetachedProgram entry.

TwoJ, to answer your questions:
1. There's no difference, I only repackaged Freestylers idea into an addon form.
2. AFAIK, the key is set at t39 when setoem.exe is executed.
3. I don't know, it's not my utility.
4. You don't, that's the beauty of this. :) I'm going to do some testing on my home-built machine with the product key listed/removed and see what happens. I'm guessing that the key would be replaced if a matching oemscan key is found.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:18 pm

OK... so it almost does exactly what I would want. I like that there is no need to give the product key. But I would like it if we didn't need a winnt.sif file at all. Since there is still a need for DetachedProgram then winnt.sif is still needed. Which means a repair install is not possible. But I guess that shouldn't be a big deal. The only other way I could see this maybe working without winnt.sif would be to use the same method as the driverpacks use... Where it adds a fake setup.exe file which runs presetup.cmd and run setoem.exe from there. The problem with this idea is I am pretty sure if you ran the DP_Base after integrating these addons then the DP_Base would overwrite our presetup.cmd file. :(

I suppose my idea isn't really needed though. This method should work fine. I'm gonna run some tests and get back with you. The only thing is users will need to be careful not to overwrite the winnt.sif file with their own.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:26 pm

I've verified in testing that if you have an non-SLP key (OEM, Retail, VLK) listed in the winnt.sif file "ProductKey=", the setkey.exe file will override that key if it finds a matching OEMBIOS string with it's own SLP key.
Yes! :D
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:52 am

So has anyone else used my addon? Just checking to see if anyone else has had as much success with it as I have. :D
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby ZaForD » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:21 am

Hi mr_smartepants,

I've tried your addon [although slightly modifed] with HFSlip with resonable success.
I think the failuers are down to my mods. :o ops:

Have you or anyone else been able to execute 2 cmd's from the .ini file ?
-------------- Image --------------
ZaForD

Users Information

Postby fabjr » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:27 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:As promised, here's the addon.

The only edits required are adding the appropriate SLP key to the addon .ini and add the four OEMBIOS.* files to the appropriate folder in the svcpack folder.

:)
:confused: HI Mr. Smartepants.I can't seem to get this to work.I have done exacty as your instructions say,also have edited out what I'am not adding OEMBIOS and SLP keys to.I have tried with winnt.sif and without and every combination of above .It's probably a case of can't see the forrest for the trees_____ "Confused"
:p fabjr :p
fabjr

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:02 am

Well, the OEMBIOS.* files all need to be decompressed (OEMBIOS.CAT, not OEMBIOS.CA_). Next, you only need to replace the numbers of the CD key (11111-22222-etc) with the ACTUAL OEM SLP key for the XP version you are installing (Home key for Home, Pro key for Pro) in the addon entries.ini file.
All of the above for the OEM you are using (Dell, Gateway, etc). You don't have to comment out the entries.ini file for the OEMs you are not using, the setoem.exe/setkey.exe combo will just ignore those entries unless OEMSCAN detects a matching system.
The winnt.sif file doesn't need the 'productkey=' line. You can just delete it. The only required winnt.sif entry is the 'detachedprogram' entry.

Which OEM are you trying to install on (assuming it's just one)?
Can you 'sanitize' your entries.ini & winnt.sif files and post it here?
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Changed Integrators

Postby fabjr » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi mr_smartepants this pre-activation addon is the slickest thing since sliced bread.The only thing I changed was I went back to using the RVM_1.4.3. Integrator instead of the Beta Integrator,now everything works great
:p fabjr :p
fabjr

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.