[Release] OEMScan Addons v1.4.1

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Postby Siginet » Sat May 12, 2007 8:10 pm

cmdow is only listed in the batch file for those that use cmdow. It shouldn't cause a problem for installing the oembios files. It just will not hide the batch window. I don't use cmdow myself either.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun May 13, 2007 1:58 pm

OK, this is weird, I edited the oemscan.bat file to remove the cmdow line and the notebook activated properly. However...
Here's the oemscan.log
Code: Select all
OEMBIOS Scanner v1.4.1 by Jeremy (xehqter)

Reading BIOS Memory

Matched: Gateway
Checking Authenticity of OEMBIOS files
Validating: D:\OEM\Emachines\OEMBIOS.BIN : PASSED
Validating: D:\OEM\Emachines\OEMBIOS.SIG : PASSED
Validating: D:\OEM\Emachines\OEMBIOS.DAT : PASSED
OEMBIOS files pass Validation

Importing D:\OEM\Emachines\OEMBIOS.CAT : Successful
Copying D:\OEM\Emachines\OEMBIOS.DAT : Successful
Copying C:\WINDOWS\system32\DllCache\OEMBIOS.DAT : Failed
Copying D:\OEM\Emachines\OEMBIOS.SIG : Successful
Copying C:\WINDOWS\system32\DllCache\OEMBIOS.SIG : Failed
Copying D:\OEM\Emachines\OEMBIOS.BIN : Successful
Copying C:\WINDOWS\system32\DllCache\OEMBIOS.BIN : Failed

Running: D:\OEM\Cscript ChangeKey.vbs .\Emachines\OEMBIOS.txt : Failed

file copy failed???
Can this be ignored?

Thanks Siginet & xehqter, this pack is a godsend.
Now I need to figure out what to do with all these unneeded OEM hologram CDs. :)
The only reason I bought them was because I couldn't figure out how to modify the restore disks.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby sam2007 » Mon May 21, 2007 2:46 pm

hi,
could u please send me the win xp slp key for toshiba system... i would be really grateful to u...
sam2007

Users Information

Postby sam2007 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:00 pm

hi,
i am new to this stuff... so please could u explain to me as if for dummies series.... how to use all this... i have an original dell cd and toshina laptop is the final target i want to achieve.... also please help me with toshiba slp keys... please i would be really grateful...
sam2007

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Mon May 21, 2007 5:22 pm

Legally I can not give you the slp keys. But you can use your dell slp key and it will work fine. Just look on your Dell OEM disk for winnt.sif. In it you will find the key. Place that key into your own winnt.sif file in i386. Use the RVM Integrator to integrate the Toshiba OEMScan Addon and that is all.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby sam2007 » Mon May 21, 2007 9:53 pm

Siginet wrote:Legally I can not give you the slp keys. But you can use your dell slp key and it will work fine. Just look on your Dell OEM disk for winnt.sif. In it you will find the key. Place that key into your own winnt.sif file in i386. Use the RVM Integrator to integrate the Toshiba OEMScan Addon and that is all.

hi,
thanks for the reply... i did make the xp cd for toshiba... however on installation its asking for activation.... please help... i am using toshiba satellite....
sam2007

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Mon May 21, 2007 10:07 pm

The slp key you are using must not be an slp key then. Or your toshiba is very old and does not use pre-activation. Or the motherboard has been replaced.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby sam2007 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:56 am

hi,
thanks again for quick reply... the dell cd that i am using is the original i recieved with my dell laptop and works fine on it... so slp key seems to be correct... also toshiba laptop is just three months old it's satellite m100.... Core2duo... please help....
sam2007

Users Information

Postby theuni » Tue May 22, 2007 10:26 am

I've had my first problem with OEMSCAN...

I've been using the DELL slp key to do all of my installs (mainly xp home, so afiak i can't use an official ms key) and it works fine. Probably not the best idea, but it works. I've just installed on a PowerSpec (Microcenter brand) PC - which i did not have the oembios.* files for.

I realized that for each computer make that i don't have the oembios files for, i'm stuck with a dell product key that's not activated.

This shouldn't be a big deal, as i should just be able to change the key to the one on the sticker, but that fails every time.

Any idea why changing the key to the sticker would fail? If it's going to continue to fail, i won't be able to use my cd unless i have the oembios fileset for them.

btw, the pid in my setupp.ini is Pid=55277OEM

Thanks
TheUni

any ideas?
theuni

Users Information

Postby theuni » Tue May 22, 2007 9:44 pm

Well, nevermind that last post.

Seems as though it's a bad key. No idea how.. it's a genuine sticker, but every disk i've thrown at it won't install. Xp home oem, retail, etc.

is it possible that some REALLY old keys only work w/ sp0 or sp1 ?

TheUni
theuni

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.