Office XP Support?

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Office XP Support?

Postby TwoJ » Tue May 15, 2007 3:02 pm

Hi Siginet

First off thanks very much, not only for this software but all your other work that has benifited many people.

Although i haven't had time yet to verify the office integrator with office2k3, another question on that after.

I was trying to get the office intergrator on office XP, a company volume licence, and it does integrate sp3, however when i try to integrate more than 1 post-sp3 update, i get the following error, that is attached (i hope).

I also tried extracting all the .msp files and integrating them into a rar file like the office 2k3 hotpack, and modify the .ini file, however it seems to finish integrating sp3 and then quit.

I would appriciate any suggestions.

Also - my question on Office 2k3, is that due to licensing issues, i have office 2003 Update CDs, that needs to be applied after the XP, do you know of any way that i can slipstream the office 2003 upgrade CD?

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Tue May 15, 2007 10:31 pm

The Office integrator is only intended for Office 2k3 at the moment. Soon I will be adding support for 2000, 2k7 and XP versions. I am actually suprised you were able to get as far as you do with office xp.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Wed May 16, 2007 7:57 am

In uncharted waters as usual!

well i guess the SP applications have not changed that much for office.

Do you have any ideas for the 2nd question about slipstreaming the office 2k3 upgrade CD?
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Wed May 16, 2007 11:08 am

Since it is an upgrade CD I doubt if it is possible through normal methods. But in a later version of the office integrator I will be adding a new method that may be able to update any disk.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Wed May 16, 2007 11:26 am

In the meantime i've attached a command script, based on the MSFN script for updating office XP with post-sp2 updates, for updating post-sp3 updates for office XP Standard. I've included some brief information on which updates are need and other info.

Hopefully this will be a temporary solution until the integrator is ready for XP!

Please note that this was only tested on one install so i make no assusrances that this will work for you, you will also need to look into the script and change the paths as neccessary, right now they are for C:\OXPupdates (like the msfn guide), and C:\temp6 for the working directory.

Hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Wed May 16, 2007 9:20 pm

Actually I've just noticed that even though the post-sp3 updates are slipstreamed into the administrative install, that after the install on a test machine that the office Update (OU) says there are no updates but the Microsoft Update (MU) says that it needs to apply the 17 post-sp3 updates.

The 17 are already listed as downloaded but they seem to need to be registered perhaps in the registry?

Any information on this?
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Wed May 16, 2007 11:08 pm

It sounds like it is actually integrating them. Which means that you just need to submit the regentries to be added to the database. But I am sure there will still need to be modifications to the office integrator to properly handle the office xp reg entries.

If you can export the reg keys I can look into it.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Thu May 17, 2007 3:08 pm

I agree that according to office update they are installed but after doing some further searching it appears that microsoft updates does not detect them since they are not in the registry.

I've attached the registry section for you, i will try tomorrow to do a fresh install and apply the registry keys after the install and see if MU likes that.

One thing; Do you know how the AllPatches key is generated, i did some fast looking but i don't really see any explanation on how that key is made. It seems most consider it redundant and just erase it.

I'm curiuos, what is in the office database that you are hosting?
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby mamister » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:16 am

Siginet wrote:The Office integrator is only intended for Office 2k3 at the moment. Soon I will be adding support for 2000, 2k7 and XP versions. I am actually suprised you were able to get as far as you do with office xp.

May I know when will it be ready?

I have tried it on office XP, SP3 went in smooth, then I tried all the hotfix and it completed.

Installed, do a microsoft update but it stated still have 15 hotfix not installed.

I know it is in there but is that a way to update that so that microsoft update will detect it?

Thanks.
mamister

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:04 am

I just added TwoJ's Reg entries to the database.

I still need any reg entries from after may 2007.

But you guys can test and see if the Office Integrator will pull the correct info from the database for the entries I just added. ;)
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Next

Return to Office Integrator