[Beta Release] RVM Integrator 1.6.1 Beta 2.1

The RVM Integrator was created by picking the mind of RyanVM of msfn.org. It allows you to actually slipstream windows hotfixes and third party software directly into a windows install disk. This is unlike any other software out there that claims to do this. It allows advanced users to create simple UpdatePack/Addons for others to use to slipstream things to their disks.

Postby yumeyao » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:27 pm

I'll fix it in next release, thanks.
yumeyao

Users Information

Postby crashfly » Tue May 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Is this the latest source release yumeyao? I maybe just a bit late to the 'party', but I am trying my hand at programming in autoit now. It is not that much different than other languages, just syntax. I just want to make sure I am looking at the latest source.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

(It is a crying shame that too many fall apart when opening up.)
crashfly

Users Information

Postby hbr_in » Wed May 13, 2009 9:02 am

Hi siginet,

thanks for the wonderfull software.

Kindly have a look at the attachment,

i think i see a bug there. RvmI doesnt show all the contents of the folder.

missing files from select addon window

1. FoxitReader-3.0.1301.cab
2. IrfanView420-plugins.cab

i dont know why this happens.

hope u have a solution

regards
Gururaja
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hbr_in

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Wed May 13, 2009 9:29 am

All addons should have the word "Addon" in the filename. Plus make sure inside the cab... the entries file is not named entries.ini. It should be named something like entries_*.ini. If it is not this is a poorly made addon.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby OnePiece » Thu May 14, 2009 4:15 am

Hello to All, first thanks to everyone for all the work you do here, I use RVMi too, and I find it very useful one that made.
guys know that if I use [Dosnet_Files] = 550 line, and [Dosnet_Files_Pro & Home] = 550 line, I write in Dosnet.inf 1110 line, and can add to RVMi other type 2 sections, [Dosnet_Files_Plus1] and [Dosnet_Files_Plu2], so I can write in about 1600 Dosnet.inf line, add more [Txtsetup_Files_Plus]

simple idea and create a full entries.ini normal, after all that line RVMi can not write in dosnet txtsetup.sif and add them into sections and [*Plus] [*Plus1], so it creates no confusion with nLite.

I understand that if you use this way rvmi can write everything in a very fast and very smooth, however if you use the [EditFile] hmmmmm time integration require almost 10 minutes more, more after something does not go well with nLite, nLite does not put files in cd if they are not written or Dosnet.inf txtsetup.sif, so I put in so all the files written in [EditFile]

for the moment I am using the section [Dosnet_Files] = 550 line, the other 550 line I put them in [Dosnet_Files_Pro], once again in [Dosnet_Files_Home], so I can write normally and quickly dosnet line in 1100, but my thing n I serve still about 400 line, so if you add sections [Plus1 *] [* Plus2] in dosnet and txtsetup files, I think it would solve the problem.

Plus Plus1 names are taken for example, when you want to look for more names acetates about entires.ini

Ciao.
OnePiece

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Thu May 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Found a bug in RVM_Integrator_1.6.1b2.1.
Selecting "Optimize system files now" produces an error: "Line-1 variable used without being declared".
Log:
Code: Select all
2009-05-14_20.19.49
Log Startup @ 20:19:49 local time, on May 14, 2009.

Running OS: WIN_VISTA Service Pack 1 X64
RVMIntegrator v1.6.1 beta2.1

"C:\AutoImage\RVM\1.6\RVM_Integrator_1.6.1b2.1.exe"

20:19:49  - English - Windows XP Professional x86 - Media Center Edition, OEM SP3 Found
20:19:53  -
20:19:53  - Starting user-requested system files optimization.
...and that's it.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

WINNT32 Install - file copy errors

Postby galileo » Fri May 15, 2009 11:30 am

I have encountered 5 textmode file copy errors with Onepiece's AIO 2.4.0 UP when performing a WINNT32 hard disk based install. Integration performed with RVMI 1.6.1 beta 2.1 using clean MSDN XP SP3 source and Onepiece's 2.4.0 pack - no other addons. Optimize System Filies was checked - integration completed without errors.

The 5 file copy errors are for: ie4uinit.mui, iedkcs32.mui, ieframe.dll.mui, mshta.mui, msrating.mui

I have posted over in Ryan's forum in the OnePiece thread also so that Nonno & OnePiece are informed.

galileo
galileo

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Fri May 15, 2009 11:39 am

OnePiece wrote:Hello to All, first thanks to everyone for all the work you do here, I use RVMi too, and I find it very useful one that made.
guys know that if I use [Dosnet_Files] = 550 line, and [Dosnet_Files_Pro & Home] = 550 line, I write in Dosnet.inf 1110 line, and can add to RVMi other type 2 sections, [Dosnet_Files_Plus1] and [Dosnet_Files_Plu2], so I can write in about 1600 Dosnet.inf line, add more [Txtsetup_Files_Plus]

simple idea and create a full entries.ini normal, after all that line RVMi can not write in dosnet txtsetup.sif and add them into sections and [*Plus] [*Plus1], so it creates no confusion with nLite.

I understand that if you use this way rvmi can write everything in a very fast and very smooth, however if you use the [EditFile] hmmmmm time integration require almost 10 minutes more, more after something does not go well with nLite, nLite does not put files in cd if they are not written or Dosnet.inf txtsetup.sif, so I put in so all the files written in [EditFile]

for the moment I am using the section [Dosnet_Files] = 550 line, the other 550 line I put them in [Dosnet_Files_Pro], once again in [Dosnet_Files_Home], so I can write normally and quickly dosnet line in 1100, but my thing n I serve still about 400 line, so if you add sections [Plus1 *] [* Plus2] in dosnet and txtsetup files, I think it would solve the problem.

Plus Plus1 names are taken for example, when you want to look for more names acetates about entires.ini

Ciao.

Another idea for a workaround until we figure out a good method to prevent this issue would be to try this:

In the rvm integrator UpdatePacks/Addons can actually have multiple Entries files within them. So in your UpdatePack you may be able to try using an Entries.ini file plus an Entries_2.ini file and so on.

I haven't tested it... but the rvmintegrator has been this way since the beginning.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby OnePiece » Fri May 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Hello Siginet, Thank you, I never really had thought hmmm, Ok, and what I needed, Thanks again.

Ciao.

EDIT
@galileo
pack in 2.4.1 will be all ok, now try the suggestion made by Siginet (I think it will already be ok, but be sure to do some testing now, immediately after the upload 2.4.1), I think tomorrow will be a maximum already online.[color="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

[/color]does not work, I wrote entries_2.ini of only 11 line in Dosnet.inf, I know only adds line until it touches the limit hmmmm

Ciao.
OnePiece

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Fri May 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Hmmm... I wonder if it is because it is only the updatepack. Try integrating the updatepack plus at least one addon and see if it works. There may be a bug in the integrator that it will only integrate the extra entries files when it is integrating addons.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to RyanVM Integrator