[Beta Release] RVM Integrator 1.6.1 Beta 2.1

The RVM Integrator was created by picking the mind of RyanVM of msfn.org. It allows you to actually slipstream windows hotfixes and third party software directly into a windows install disk. This is unlike any other software out there that claims to do this. It allows advanced users to create simple UpdatePack/Addons for others to use to slipstream things to their disks.

[Beta Release] RVM Integrator 1.6.1 Beta 2.1

Postby yumeyao » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:02 am

Release Notes:
  • 1.6.1 beta 2
    On this release, all code of file moving/copying processing are reviewed. So definately the time used on file processing is reduced. And new code provides better compatibility for some very rare cases.

The new code needs more tests to confirm it works as expected. (5eraph and I have done some, thank 5eraph for his testing.) This, is why i'm naming this as a beta. We need stability.

However, more code needs to be reviewed, especially those process an INF file. It's too slow. This will be done in my next release.

• 1.6.1 beta 1
    This release deals with some known bugs, with minor improvements.
    This is just the first step. More improvements is planned.

Tests are done mainly pointing the sections I've made change for and the sections may be affected on. Thus this release is a beta. For future beta release of 1.6.1, more sections will be involved, therefore I need some people to help me. - as I am a sophomore so i may only have time at weekends and I'm living in China, with a timezone of GMT+8, this will be a little bit difficult.

Some work of code maintenance has been compeleted in this beta, and will be further worked on. I personally think this series of changes will make future updating easier.

Download:Current Localization Files:Known Issues:
  • Driver.cab updating issue reported by YumeYao. (For Chinese Windows XP source, Have been confirmed by others.)
  • unattended MCE integration may be hanged due to asking for CMPNENTS directory.(need confirmation)
  • I had a glance at "ReCompress Update/AddonPacks" codes, it must be broken due to my code rewriting.
    I never played with it, if you want to use this feature plz use RVMi 1.6.0 or 1.6.1b1.
    This will be fixed before final release.
  • New bug tracker link, I want you to view This Issue.
Changelog:
    1.6.1 beta 2.1 - Current release. (yumeyao)
    • Fixed a bug I created in beta 2 that mmssetup.cab cannot be processed.
    • Typo fix & Log Minor fixes.
    1.6.1 beta 2 (yumeyao)
    • Localization files need updating.
      • Added 006 & 007, 0541 & 0542 & 0543 & 0544, 2360 & 2370 variables.
      • Added 0334 & 0344 variables. - beta1
    • UI Changes:
      • New UI elements from File menu:
        • Save Settings On Exit, with this option on:
          • When you hit "Cancel" button(which is beside "Integrate" button), the Integrator executes "exit" directly.
          • When you hit "close" button("x" on the title bar) or File -> Exit from menu, if this option is on, the Integrator saves settings, then executes "exit".
        • Exit
      • "Shifting Stuff Around" has a progress bar now.
      • When one and more processes are running:
        • File Menu -> some items disabled.
        • When you hit "close" or File -> Exit, a prompt window shows.
      • Command Line Switch for Audible Alert on Completion: "/Alert:+" OR "/Alert:-"
      • Other minor changes.
    • Kernel Changes:
      • Code changes for file processes done.
        • This is why I release this as a beta version. Although 5eraph and I have done some tests, I still want everyone to have a try.
          Another reason is now the Integrator handles INF parsing(especially txtsetup.sif since it's very large) very slowly. This is addressed in next release.
        • Known Action Changes(This one is intended):
          • Shifting Stuff Around - If uncompressed and compressed versions both exist in @DESTINATION, and you also have 2 versions in your updatepack, the Integrator used to remove the uncompressed version, but now the uncompressed one is remained.
          • Shifting Stuff Around - If uncompressed and compressed versions both exist in @DESTINATION, and you have the uncompressed version in your updatepack, the Integrator used to keep both in @DESTINATION and update compressed version, now the compressed version is removed and uncompressed version updated.
    • Functional Improvents:
      • [i386_compress] - [i386_compress] now can be used to compress files located at directory other than one of subdirs of @WinRoot or @WinRoot itself, use absolute paths(%path% variables are accepted) or internal variables to specific a directory such as @DESTINATION, @PLUGINS.
      • for [dosnet_files] and [txtsetup_files], "_2000" and "_2k3" are supported along as "_pro" and "_home".
    • Log File
      • "Source Drive" & "Destination Drive" are now properly named "Source Location" & "Destination Location".
      • "Invalid Addon. Addon must be either a *.exe, *Entrie*.ini, *AddonPack*.7z, *AddonPack*.zip, *AddonPack*.cab or *AddonPack*.rar file." is corrected with "*Addon*.xxx".
      • Some localized strings were written in log. we should use English instead of localized one.
      • Some other improvements.(esp. for advanced debug on)
    • Issue Fix
      • Add svcpack to [OptionalSrcDirs] of dosnet.inf automatically if svcpack directory exists in i386\.(though it's claimed fixed before but not really worked!)
      • Service Pack Level Check - Fixed an issue
        Consider such a situation:
        User integrates SP2UpdatePack on a SP0 source, when asked for slipstreaming SP2, he selects SP3 instead of SP2.
        The Integrater tended to continue the progress after slipstreaming.
  • 1.6.1 Beta 1 (yumeyao)
    • Localization files need updating.
      • Added 0334 & 0344 variables.
    • Bug #12 - Proper handle naming for cabbed file with underscore. (code65536)
    • Bug #15 - Svcpack.inf editing is processed correctly now if no *.cat file is added to the source. (code65536)
    • Bug #13, Bug #17 - Sound Scheme changed.
      • If an error happens, a SystemExclamation will be produced instead of SystemAsterisk. (code65536)
      • When the Integrator finishes its jobs, the sound alert is optional now. (yumeyao)
    • [CreateCab] syntax changed. (yumeyao)
      • This override any existing bugs.(bug first reported by elrico here)
      • New Usage:
        Code: Select all
        [CreateCab]
        parameter1(required),parameter2(optional)
        • parameter1 is the directory to be cabbed, whereas parameter2 gives an output filename/filepath.
          If parameter2 is empty: Output file is named follow the directory name, and is located at its parent directory.
          If parameter2 is a single filename without path: Output file is named as parameter2, located at its parent directory.
          If parameter2 is a full filepath: Create output file at the exact location as parameter2.
      • Examples:
        [CreateCab]
        i386\LANG\MSPY2003
        cmpnents\MCE2k5wRoolUp2,mediactr.cab
        @PLUGINS\elextra,@DESTINATION\ELEXTRA.CAB
        cmpnents\TabletPC,i386\TabletPC.cab
        • first entry archives i386\LANG\MSPY2003 to i386\LANG\MSPY2003.cab;
          second entry archives cmpnents\MCE2k5wRoolUp2 to cmpnents\mediactr.cab;
          third entry archives @PLUGINS\elextra to @DESTINATION(i386 or amd64)\Elextra.cab
          fourth entry archives cmpnents\TabletPC to i386\TabletPC.cab.
    • [ExpandCab] Syntax changed. (yumeyao)
      • Like CreateCab, parameter2 is optional now.
      • New Usage:
        [ExpandCab]
        parameter1(required),parameter2(optional)
        • parameter1 is the cabinet to be extracted, whereas parameter2 gives an output directory.
          If parameter2 is empty: Output directory is named follow the cabinet name, and is located at its parent directory.
          If parameter2 is a relative path or absolute path: Output directory is parameter2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yumeyao

Users Information

Postby mf3imp » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:26 am

Many thank to all of you in the team for the efforts in developing the program.
In my little I'm only able to mantain the Italian localization, but it's always a pleasure do something related.
I've attached the updated file with new strings for this beta, and I would also point out a small typo: if no language file are present, the default english interface as the mispelled word "alter" instead of "alert" in the the new option.
mf3imp

Users Information

Postby Raoul90 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks for the new Beta.

Updated Dutch language file is attached.

edit:
Re-upped Dutch Language file, little typo fixed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raoul90

Users Information

Postby yumeyao » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:40 pm

mf3imp wrote:and I would also point out a small typo: if no language file are present, the default english interface as the mispelled word "alter" instead of "alert" in the the new option.

local fixed for next release, thanks.
yumeyao

Users Information

Postby TKruzze » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Thank you for the continued work on this project! :)

As a minor cosmetic (grammatical) note you may want to change the menu option from "Audible Alert on Finishing" to "Audible Alert on Completion".
TKruzze

Users Information

Postby yumeyao » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:25 pm

TKruzze wrote:Thank you for the continued work on this project! :)

As a minor cosmetic (grammatical) note you may want to change the menu option from "Audible Alert on Finishing" to "Audible Alert on Completion".

local fixed for next release, thanks.
yumeyao

Users Information

Tiny annoying bug.

Postby wazer » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:05 am

I have this thing with rvmi, ill guide it..

Start rvmi(any version1.5 and up i think.)
use rvmi and find a your windows with (i386) press ok.

then if you have an addons/silent installers try rightclick in the rvmi window selector (Remember to rightclick on the file any file in the window)... You will get a error . if you do as told, "error: Runtime error 217 057DC722" Will come up..

Sometimes i managed to crash rvmi with rightclick to fast or twice in a row..

Regards wazer.
wazer

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am

Why would you want to right-click it? :confused:
Well, at least a more descriptive error would help. :)
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby wazer » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:24 am

The question is not if i want to rightclick or not, im here to help and give some feedback. Take it or leave it :P No hardish feels.
wazer

Users Information

Postby yumeyao » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:24 am

@wazer,
i don't really understand how to reproduce it.....
my os is windows7... and i may never occured this issue on xp/vista..[color="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

[/color]fire up 1.6.1 beta 2!
yumeyao

Users Information

Next

Return to RyanVM Integrator