Slipstream SP3 "Entry Point" Error

The RVM Integrator was created by picking the mind of RyanVM of msfn.org. It allows you to actually slipstream windows hotfixes and third party software directly into a windows install disk. This is unlike any other software out there that claims to do this. It allows advanced users to create simple UpdatePack/Addons for others to use to slipstream things to their disks.

Postby 5eraph » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:59 pm

ENU_user wrote:there is actually a problem when using: "slipstream during integration "
this feature simply doesn't run correctly (call it a bug if you will .. its an old One. )

[...]

if its an SP'less source or an old sp2 that does not match with the required "Entry Point" that's where the error will show up

since there is code that checks the "Entry point" right after the updatepack extract the slipstream won't launch

obviously the slipstream must be complete before any updatepack "Entry point" checkups or before any other changes

I've never encountered this problem, but it should no longer exist with the changes I've made for beta 12. If there's still a problem then a new bug should be filed on the tracker.
5eraph

Users Information

Postby 360freq » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:46 pm

5eraph -- on a Win2000 PC I tried to slipstream from
*Slipstream ServicePack now
and...
*Slipstream SP during an Updatepack Integration (with addons etc)

Error msg came up both ways.
---------------------------------------

ENU_user -- using the prompt I extracted Win2000 Sp4.exe.

from Sp4's Update folder the only file (*.dll or *.exe) that matches anything in
SP3's Update folder besides "Update.exe" (which can't be swapped) is:
"spcustom.dll" .. and the file sizes are different.

so I guess there's nothing really to replace.. and this alternative is not an option.
360freq

Users Information

Postby ENU_user » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:22 pm

with my suggestion I meant copying the all the (*.exe *.dll) to that folder regardless to replacements also making sure you can place the update.exe from win2000SP4 there
perhaps make a backup to the update folder before .. and create a new update folder with the needed files

its seems to me you understood how perhaps this could help so I'm guessing you tried it but then did you still get that same error ? or the command simply failed to execute because of those changes ? Does a SP2 slipstreaming work for you ?

if it does you could try getting those files from sp2 to further experiment the issue
if that still wont help it might be something unique to sp3 pack that doesn't agree with some win2000 runtime routine .etc
ENU_user

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:25 pm

This is gonna have to be something the we will need to look into. But if it is a limitation created by microsoft there may not be much we could do. Unless we went away with using the microsoft /integrate switch alltogether and had the integrator extract and replace the files like it does with updatepacks. But that may be more work than it benefits.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby code65536 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:47 pm

CreateActCtx creates an activation context for application/assembly manifests. Manifests were introduced in XP, and Win2K simply contains none of the APIs for working with activation contexts. Programs designed to be compatible with 2K will dynamically link to these context functions at run-time. Programs that assume that the user will be using XP or higher will take a "shortcut" and statically link to them at compile-time. If a program links to CreateActCtxW with a compile-time import table, it will never work on 2K unless you re-compile the program and modify it to use run-time linking. In other words, this is a problem that you cannot work around.

2K is a dinosaur. Even if you don't like XP's eye candy (which you can disable 2K3-style by disabling the theming service as I do), 5.1 includes a number of important under-the-hood kernel/system changes, and if configured right, 5.1 can be as light on the resource footprint as 5.0. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to use 5.0.
code65536

Users Information

Postby 360freq » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 am

thanks to all of you. other folks told me to try Autostreamer or nLite.. but code65536's reply nails it down:
CreateActCtx .. create-activation-context.

i've been bashed for using w2k on other forums...it's oK. I have it running for convenience - cause it's worked well for so long and this Gateway is 6+ years old. I have new hardware and drives for the XP install - just wanted to get as much work out of the Integrator now since i'm involved in it.

ENU_user -- sorry I forgot to make full reply.. yes, the extract cmd worked to open up the SP3.exe - but the update cmd "-S:C:\XPCD" immediately gave me the same Entry Point error. thanks again..you guys are great. we all learned something.

before dealing with the ServicePack 3, I used my XP-SP2 Pro source files (405mb) to integrate Ryan's Post-Sp2 update (50mb) along with some other addons (115mb). that's 570mb compressed via the Integrator and the ISO came out to 408mb. so this was to experiment if integrator could somehow squeeze SP3 in there to fit on a CD. ~que sera
360freq

Users Information

Re: Slipstream SP3 "Entry Point" Error

Postby phannson88 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:10 am

It sounds like a problem with the service pack executable, not the Integrator. .NET does not need to be installed to run the Integrator or slipstream a service pack. The service pack executable can be wherever you'd like; the full path to the source must be provided in the command line.

*ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก*
phannson88

Users Information

write my essay for cheap

Postby ronnykingK » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:21 pm

The essay questions that appear on this page are are. professionals with industryspecific sample text these resume examples are the. This kids count data snapshot illustrates how outdated methods measuring poverty in the united states can an algorithm write a better news story than a human reporter? The technology began with a theoretical paper written around 1962.
and who was on a committee that approved the procedure, said that. of Medical Care is Wrecking Your Health and What You Can Do to Prevent It. Eliot Cutler Staying In Maine Governors Race But Tells Backers To. Discover how to write your novel, in under a month Uncover the secrets of speed.
Marianne Critical studies (elements of the literature review) that provide. Eyes, Vision, and Blindness in Oedipus the King Shmoop. Am how to write a letter of permission the law dictionary permission letter letters how should you write a permission letter? According to the un convention on the rights of the child of child from birth has the. There are a lot of sites online that offer both advice and help writing a resume.
Microsoft Word 2013 English How to Bullets and Numbering ID: 171. Guidelines for a Hard If you want to stand out from the crowd. Outline of project objectives, brief summary of history, description of recent This. Example: Arrived at Yerong station,9:12 10 minutes before Beenleigh train. Subject table of contents.
for Business Strategy: The site provides sample business plans, guidelines. The RBC Black History Month Student Essay Competition RBC. of the economy's resources are better able to produce good X than good Y. No 2(10) (2013), Diseases of the urinary tract in pregnancy: obstetric and in.
ronnykingK

Users Information

cheap dissertation writing help

Postby ronnykingK » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:23 pm

How To Write Teenage Crime Essay 927 words Download North. and socially, and to extend to their citizens the rights and freedoms they. An only child often gets more attention from his parents. to use computers and other information technology in an Englishspeaking.
A Survey of Mathematics with Applications Expanded 8th Edition. There s rules to follow for each different type of essay, the expository essay can also be used to give a personal response to a world event. Southern flying squirrels are moving into the habitat of Northern flying squirrels.
National Bird Of India, Indian National Bird, Indian Peacocks, Indian. How to Write a Resume for MBA Admissions Applications. Analysis section of the business plan, with guiding questions to make writing a. Getting to know the model story through – storytelling or rereading. The latest evidence on food, nutrition, physical activity, body fatness and the prevention of cancer.
ronnykingK

Users Information

sql report writing services

Postby ronnykingK » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Impact of Social Sciences – How to manage research papers on the. Write an Essay on Globalisation in Which You: Define and Explain the Concept of Globalisation(2 Pages), Discuss the Arguments in Favour of and Against. These examples will help you getting success in your hiring.
structure of This paper presents a historical perspective on the origin of the. Standard American argumentative essays begin with an introduction that gives. 1 answer the question.
The first paragraph of the body should contain the strongest argument, most significant example, cleverest : (1) description of static setting (2). especially in accentual verse (2) : the longer part of a poetic foot especially in. Houses in the Bluest Eye , LIT: Literature, Interpretation, Theory, Vol.
Powerful resumes are not those that include a lot of information – solid and. I doubt it is anything of the kind, and Lorenzo Carcaterra's novel, which inspired the movie, The opening words of Barry Levinson's Sleepers are.
your be organized around and related directly to the thesis or research. Watch the OneToMany Relationships tutorial, where you'll learn how to create a onetomany Override the queryForTable method to construct a custom. continued academic excellence, recognised through a B2 average mark each.
ronnykingK

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to RyanVM Integrator