[Tip!] Batch Parameters that can be used with v1.5

The RVM Integrator was created by picking the mind of RyanVM of msfn.org. It allows you to actually slipstream windows hotfixes and third party software directly into a windows install disk. This is unlike any other software out there that claims to do this. It allows advanced users to create simple UpdatePack/Addons for others to use to slipstream things to their disks.

[Tip!] Batch Parameters that can be used with v1.5

Postby Siginet » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:44 pm

As of RVM Integrator v1.5RC4 there are many new Parameters that can be used. These Parameters are useful for batch files or scripts that can control just about any portion of the integrator when it is executed.

Enjoy! :D

/Load: Allows you to specify a settings file to use when the integrator is opened. You can show the entire path or just the ini file. If the path is not specified then the integrator looks in it's own directory.
Code: Select all
/Load:"X:\PathTo.ini"
Or
/Load:settings.ini

/Save: Will save the current settings file to a new settings file that can be Loaded at a later time. You can show the entire path or just the ini file. If the path is not specified then the integrator looks in it's own directory.
/Save:"X:\PathToNew.ini"
Or
/Save:SaveSettings.ini

/Wipe: When you use the "Wipe" switch it will delete the settings file (if it exists) before opening the integrator. This is useful if you wish to only use the settings you specify from your parameters. If you do not use the "Wipe" switch then the integrator will use the current settings file and change it with the specified parameters.
/Wipe

/Source: This is where you specify the "Source" directory which contains the I386 directory you wish to start with.
/Source:"X:\PathToYourSource\My\WinXP Source"

/Destination: This is where you specify the "Destination" directory where you wish to copy the "Source" to. You do not have to specify a "Destination" but it is reccommended. If you do not specify a "Destination" then the integrator will integrate files to the source instead of copying the source to the "Destination" and integrating files to the "Destination".
/Destination:"X:\PathToYourSource\My\WinXP Source"

/CMPNENTS: This parameter is only needed when dealing with a Media Center or Tablet edition of Windows XP. The integrator requires you to point to the location of the CMPNENTS folder so that it knows where to copy it from. The reason this is required is because the CMPNENTS dir is usually kept on a seperate disk.
/CMPNENTS:"X:\PathToCMPNENTS\WinXP\MCE\CMPNENTS"

/ServicePack: This parameter is used if you wish to specify a Service Pack file to be used during an integration.
/ServicePack:"X:\PathToSP\windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe"

/UpdatePack: You can specify an UpdatePack to be used during integration with this parameter.
/UpdatePack:"X:\PathToUPck\RVMUpdatePack2.2.1.7z"

/Addons: You can specify a directory with a wildcard "*" to specify all addons to be added to the integration or you can specify specific Addons within a directory seperated by a comma ",".
This parameter can actually be used multiple times in your script. You can specify diferent directories with each instance. This is useful if you wish to add all addons in one directory, all addons in a second directory, and a few addons from a third directory, ... and so on...
/Addons:"X:\PathToAddons\Dir1\*" /Addons:"X:\PathToAddons\Dir2,ThemeAddon1.7z,ThemeAddon2.zip,PatchAddon_UXTheme.rar,AdobeReader.exe,Entries_WINNTUPG_Removal.ini"

/Optimize: This will choose wether to use "Optimize System Files" during integration or not. If you use a + then it activates it. If you use a - then it deactivates it.
/Optimize:+
or
/Optimize:-

/OptimizeOnly: This will force the integrator to unattendedly "Optimize system Files". Make sure your setting specify a destination or source so that it knows what to optimize. You can specify it by either the settings file or the batch parameters /Source or /Destination.
/OptimizeOnly

/Advanced: This will choose wether to use "Advanced Options" during integration or not. If you use a + then it activates it. If you use a - then it deactivates it.
/Advanced:+
or
/Advanced:-

/Cache: This will choose wether to use "Cached Driver.cab" during integration or not. If you use a + then it activates it. If you use a - then it deactivates it.
/Cache:+
or
/Cache:-

/advDebug: This will choose wether to use "Advanced Debug Mode" during integration or not. If you use a + then it activates it. If you use a - then it deactivates it.
/advDebug:+
or
/advDebug:-

/ShowWindows: This will choose wether to use "Show External Windows" during integration or not. If you use a + then it activates it. If you use a - then it deactivates it.
/ShowWindows:+
or
/ShowWindows:-

/BreakDriver: This will choose wether to use "Break Before driver.cab Repacking" during integration or not. If you use a + then it activates it. If you use a - then it deactivates it.
/BreakDriver:+
or
/BreakDriver:-

/RunFile: This is how you specify if you wish to "Run a Program After Integration". If you specify a path to a file to run then it will activate it. If you specify a - then it will Deactivate it.
/RunFile:"X:\PathToFile\myfile.exe"
/RunFile:-

/RunParams: If you "Run a Program After Integration" and you wish to specify Parameters for that file then you would use this parameter to do it. If you specify parameters in this one then it will place them in the "Enter Parameters For The Above Program" inputbox in the integrator. If you specify a - then it will delete and parameters from that inputbox.
/RunParams:"/s /NoRestart"
/RunParams:-

/LeaveOpen: This will leave the integrators window open after it executes a "Run a Program After Integration". (I personally have never found a need for this option in the integrator... and I may remove this option later if no one claims to have any use for it.) It is activated with a + and deactivated with a -.
/LeaveOpen:+
/LeaveOpen:-

/ISODir: You can specify a directory which will be used to compile into an iso file with this parameter. If you are making an iso and this is not specified then the integrator will check if a Destination exists instead. If no Destination exists then the integrator will attempt to use the Source when creating an iso.
/ISODir:"X:\PathToMakeISOFrom\WinXP Updated"

/ISOFile: This is where you specify the path/name of the iso file you wish to create.
/ISOFile:"X:\PathToImage\mynew.iso"

/ISOLabel: You will need to specify a label for your ISO with this parameter.
/ISOLabel:"MY_WINXP"

/UseMKISOFS: This specifies that you wish to use the internal mkisofs when creating your iso file.
/UseMKISOFS

/MKISOFSParams: This specifies that you wish to use the internal code for mkisofs.
/MKISOFSParams

/UseExternal: If you wish to specify an external tool for iso creation then you can specify it with this parameter. This will Activate this option and place the program in the inputbox.
/UseExternal:"X:\PathToExternalTool\cdimage.exe"

/CDImageParams: If you specify cdimage.exe as your external tool for use when creating an image then you can use this parameter to use the integrators built in code for cdimage.exe
/CDImageParams

/ExternalParams: If you wish to use your own parameters for iso creation then you can specify it here. Remember to use double % if you do not want certain EnvVars to be parsed.
Also remember you must have the string after /ExternalParams: enclosed in quotes! So in your string instead of using quotes Wrap areas in <>. The integrator will change each < or > into a quote. This is needed to simplify passing external params within this param. Without doing this it would probably be impossible.
/ExternalParams:"-l<%%3> -g -h -j1 -b<%%2> -x -yd -m <%%0> <%%1>"

/AutoDelete: When copying files from Source to Destination a msgbox pops up if there are files that allready exist which asks if the user would like to delete or overwrite files. This switch will tell the integrator to delete the files.
/AutoDelete

/AutoOverwrite: When copying files from Source to Destination a msgbox pops up if there are files that allready exist which asks if the user would like to delete or overwrite files. This switch will tell the integrator to overwrite the files.
/AutoOverwrite

/Integrate: This will put the integrator into unattended mode and automatically begin to start an integration once the integrator is opened.
/Integrate

/MakeISO: This will put the integrator into unattended mode and automatically begin to compile an ISO when the integrator is opened.
/MakeISO

You can also use /Integrate /MakeISO in the same script to unattendedly integrate files and compile an ISO in one go. ;)

The order of each parameter does not matter. It is also not case sensitive.

Here is an example script:
"%CD%\RVM_Integrator_1.5.exe" /UseExternal:"%CD%\files\CDIMAGE.EXE" /ExternalParams:"-l<%%3> -g -h -j1 -b<%%2> -x -yd -m <%%0> <%%1>" /Wipe /Load:"%CD%\LoadedSettings.ini" /Save:"%CD%\SavedSettings.ini" /Source:"X:\ROOT\XPHO" /Destination:"%CD%\My New Windows Files" /UpdatePack:"X:\ADDONS\RVMUpdatePack2.2.17z" /Addons:"X:\ADDONS\1\*" /Addons:"D:\ADDONS\2\*" /Optimize:+ /Advanced:+ /Cache:+ /ISOFile:"c:\autotest.iso" /ISOLabel:MyLabel /Integrate /MakeISO

As of now I have also implemented code to attempt to detect older unattended parameters. I will probably remove the old unattended parameters from a later version of the integrator... So I reccommend anyone using old methods to begin using the new methods in this post.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby dolivas27 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:11 pm

Excellent Siginet thanks for keeping the older unattended parameters I will test this with AutoImage as soon as you get it posted and work with RogueSpears on getting the new switches implemented in AutoImage.

Thanks again now where is it ...... :)
dolivas27

Users Information

Postby tjhart85 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Excellent.

I have long awaited functions like these to be accessible via command prompt!

THANKS!
tjhart85

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:14 pm

I know MANY people will enjoy these! Now everyone with batch scripting talents will come up with all kinds of awsome ways to utalize the integrator. :D I can't wait to see some of the batch ideas. My favorite is the /Addons switch. which is also the reason I had a few bugs to fix in RC4... but it is worth it. ;) I think AutoImage is gonna love these switches too. It will make the integrator completely controllable from Autoimage.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby ENU_user » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:57 pm

looks good,

for extra ease you can have an option to run saved batchs from the menu ;)
select a batch to run from @batches\... so in a way you will get sort of a built-in autoimage but all really gets done by integrator :D

or from entries.ini [runbatch] that runs last after [runfile] & [filedelete] ...

btw, does @plugins path work with these ?
ENU_user

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:28 pm

ENU_user wrote:looks good,

for extra ease you can have an option to run saved batchs from the menu ;)
select a batch to run ... so in a way you will get sort of a built-in autoimage but all really gets done by integrator :D

or from entries.ini [runbatch] that runs last after [runfile] & [filedelete] ...

btw, does @plugins path work with these ?

Some goog ideas. May not get into v1.5 though. ;) I think I'll add a [RunFileLast] (Better name than [RunBatch]) option though. Which will do the same thing as [RunFile] but it will be performed as the very last section.

As for using @Plugins in your batch... I don't think it is possible... but I may be wrong. If I remember right I may have added the ability to use @Plugins in your settings file. But I'm not positive and the source code is not in front of me now. If it isn't possible I suppose it would be easy to have the integrator parse the settings file just before the settings are placed in the gui.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby theuni » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:59 pm

I get no response out of the /ServicePack: option. Integrator runs and finishes, but no sign of the servicepack!

Am I using it correctly? I'm trying to integrate the servicepack as part of a full integration. Is it meant to be a standalone operation?

Here's what i'm running:

"q:\integrator\RVM_integrator_1.5.3.exe" /Wipe /Cache:+ /ServicePack:"q:\servicepacks\windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe" /Addons:"q:\Addons\*.7z" /Optimize:+ /ShowWindows:- /Source:"q:\originals\xp home oem" /Destination:"q:\working\xp home" /integrate

Everything else works perfectly, just no servicepack.
theuni

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:03 pm

You should actually slipstream the SP with a SP3 UpdatePack or by doing it manually using the file menu. The integrator only slips a SP with an updatepack which needs the sp unless you manually slip it.

I am going to change this in an upcomming release.
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby theuni » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:08 pm

ok, thanks for the quick reply.

Slipstream is no issue, would just be nice to have it all in 1 handy command :)

Only problem is that means i have to copy to a source dir (using xcopy, which seems much slower than the copy in your prog), then slipstream, THEN integrate.

Any better ideas?
theuni

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Here's what I do. I copy all of my original windows cd's to the harddrive. Each in their own folder. Then I slipstream each one to the latest sp. Then I use cdimagegui to create one optimized ISO of all of them. That is the new ISO I use for my originals. ;) I just mount the iso in a program like Daemon Tools.

In the long run it saves time and space. :D
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Next

Return to RyanVM Integrator