[Tip!] Link RVMIntegrator and BTS DriverPacks together...

The RVM Integrator was created by picking the mind of RyanVM of msfn.org. It allows you to actually slipstream windows hotfixes and third party software directly into a windows install disk. This is unlike any other software out there that claims to do this. It allows advanced users to create simple UpdatePack/Addons for others to use to slipstream things to their disks.

[Tip!] Link RVMIntegrator and BTS DriverPacks together...

Postby Siginet » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:08 pm

You can also link the RVMIntegrator together with Bashrat's new DriverPack Base!

It's very easy. Just go to the advanced tab of the RVMIntegrator and:

1. Open the DPs_Base.exe file in the driverpacks and choose all of your settings. Then choose to "Export Settings".
It will create a "mysettings.ini" file for you. You will need this file later.

2. Select: [x] Enable Advanced Options

3. Select: [x] Run a program after integration
Browse to the DPs_Base.exe file that is used for integrating the driverpacks.

In the "Enter parameters for the above program" box put:
Code: Select all
/SETTINGS:"X:\Path\To\DriverPack\Settings\File\mysettings.ini"

Now after you integrate your UpdatePacks/Addons the integrator will trigger the DPs_Base unattendedly for you. ;)
Siginet

Users Information

Postby bushhog » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:48 am

Can the complete Bashrat's DriverPack be installed to the UA cd. The reason I'm asking, is that, I work on alot of computers and I'm using an UAcd to load them. If I were able to incorperate all drivers onto the cd, it would save me lots of time hunting for drivers.
bushhog

Users Information

Postby ricktendo64 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:33 pm

You need a DVD Burner for all that bushhog.
ricktendo64

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:59 pm

ricktendo64 wrote:You need a DVD Burner for all that bushhog.
Welllll.... You can fit it all on one cd if... you delete the .I386\LANG\ folder .\I386\WINNTUPG\ folders etc... and the folders at the root of the disk that aren't needed... Like: .\SUPPORT\ etc.

The easiest way to do that is to use 2 addons I made that will remove 'em for you:
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1535
Siginet

Users Information

Postby bushhog » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:19 pm

Thank you!
bushhog

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:34 pm

;)
Siginet

Users Information

Postby ricktendo64 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:35 pm

I use the Integrator's destination directory fuction.

It saves about 100 megs.

EDIT: Instead of calling these http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1535 Addons call them Take Offs or Deletes :lol:
ricktendo64

Users Information

Postby bushhog » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:47 pm

what is the purpose of the Integrator's destination directory fuction ? How would that save 100 Meg
bushhog

Users Information

Postby ricktendo64 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:38 pm

It only copies the I386 folder and leaves the DotNet folder and other stuff behind, that means after ur finised making ur Custom XP CD when u click on the autorun windows setup and choose preform aditional tasks like install the now obsolete dotNet
It will do nothing, but this is unneded bloat, unnecesary crap that micrsoft includes, so next time u are integrating choose the cd-rom as the I386 source and choose the XPCD folder as the destination directory, the integrator will automatically copy only the neccesary folders needed then it will integrate the addons and updates, saving you 100 megs of precius space.

TIP: Make your own BTS DriverPacks I use a program like Driver Genius Pro to do it, it updates and backs up the neccesary device driver files for DPs Base to slip into CD
Tutorial http://www.uawiki.org/doku.php?id=wxp:ua:drivers:driverpacks:diy
and make sure u name the file properly, look at current driverpacks to get the file name right.

EDIT: This is 100% Safe to do, selecting the destination directory, do not fear, the RVM-I will determin what files are neccesary and wich arent.
ricktendo64

Users Information

Postby bushhog » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:14 pm

Great...thank you very much :D
bushhog

Users Information

Next

Return to RyanVM Integrator