Powerpacker manual site error

Windows XP PowerPacker is a program I made to help users create Universal Windows XP Disks. It allows you to install any kind of XP edition on any computer without the need to install drivers and it packs everything onto one disk!

Powerpacker manual site error

Postby Louis » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:00 pm

The manual on the Powerpacker site doesn't work and gives an error message:

Warning: fopen([...]) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [...] on line 25

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for [...] [...] in [...] on line 26

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in [...] on line 26

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in [...] on line 28

I'm trying to figure out if this piece of software is indeed the ticket for a multi-boot XP DVD containing Pro (Retail, OEM, VLK) and Home (Retail and OEM), and how to set it up.

Thanks in advance,

Louis

P.S. Had to remove file names in the error message quote due to anti-spam mechanism for new forum users.
Louis

Users Information

Postby Louis » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Quick update,

With some careful reading I found out the big items to know and was able to figure out how to use this fine piece of software.

So here are some instructions to help out any newbie who might be stuck:

1. First off, it would be a good idea to read Flyakite's tutorial to get a general idea of the process, even though you won't be following his instructions per se.
  2. Prepare your Windows installation sources (almost) as usual, one version at a time, keeping them in separate folders. (ie: one for Pro OEM, Pro VLK, Pro Retail, Home OEM and Home Retail)

At this point feel free to use HFSLIP (like I did), RyanVM (in my case to slipstream the OEMSCAN addon) or nLite.

However, DO NOT slipstream the BTS Driverpacks. These will be handled by the Powerpacker itself.

This is a good time to make sure the Driverpacks are up to date, that the dps_base program is set for disc mode, and that the packs you want slipstreamed are selected. Save the settings for now.
  3. Start the Powerpacker program.
    1. For INPUT: Select one of your prepared sources.
    2. For OUTPUt: Create another folder, that will be the root of your install disc.
    3. Select the appropriate winnt.sif, or select "User attended" install.
    4. Select the DPs_Base.ini if applicable.
    5. On the right make sure the type of version and edition are correct.
    6. Click "Pack These Files Into The Destination"
    7. Let the program do its thing, this will take a moment.
  4. Repeat the above instructions for every different installation source you have. Make sure the types and winnt.sif path are correct. Otherwise you risk overwriting some of your previous work!
  5. Click "Package ISO". The built-in CDimage utility will take care of the numerous duplicate files, optimizing the image making it much smaller. Mine went from 5.8 GB to 2.4 GB.
Louis

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Fixed! :)
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Return to Windows XP PowerPacker