I have a lot of files and programs for Windows XP SP3 and my machine is getting old.
I understand that there can be security and repair problems with XP and an old machine and XP.
I haven't found an easy way to change my old text files in Lotus Word Pro to Word or PDF (I know I can resave them individually in word or scan print-outs) so I would like a new reliable machine to run XP and use a new machine with a current OS for the Net.
1. Is it possible to buy a new computer that will run XP? (I have XP and my XP programs on disc)
2. How well does XP work on a virtual machine on an Apple? I understand it's very slow. Any experience or advice on specs to get it up to speed?
3. There is an article in Forbes about using the updates of the business version of XP on a home machine until they discontinue those.. Anyone tried that?
I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
- https://www.xpforums.com/threads/is-it- ... ne.933024/
- Animated product demo video