Pro & Home + Drivers and OEMBios

Windows XP PowerPacker is a program I made to help users create Universal Windows XP Disks. It allows you to install any kind of XP edition on any computer without the need to install drivers and it packs everything onto one disk!

Pro & Home + Drivers and OEMBios

Postby auskento » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:52 pm

I am wanting to make a multi install of XP Home and XP Pro with Drivers as a Techie install disk. I am also wanting to integrate the OEMBIOS components for the main OEM manufacturer machines we see come in.

What is the best process to accomplish this?

I can make individual disks, but want to make one that i can do Home Retail and OEM, and XP Pro Retail and OEM.

Thanks
auskento

Users Information

Postby gospeed.racer » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:20 pm

That is pretty much what I have done in mine. You just need to break it up into parts, and make sure each is done (you should burn it and test it fully) before going to the next. Here is what I do.

Start with a clean SP3 (or integrate sp3 to a previous version)
Use RVM Integrator to integrate the latest Update Pack for SP3
Use WMP11 Slipstreamer to integrate WMP11 and all updates
Use RVM Integrator to integrate WGA, IE7, DX9
Download and integrate oemscan with all the oembios filesets.
Grab all the driverpacks and Powerpacker to build a version with and without them. Make sure you label them differently.
Rebuild the menu system to your liking.
Restart the process as by now there are many updates you have missed. Repeat.

Like I said, do it in steps. make sure everything is working each step, otherwise it can be very hard to track down where it went wrong. Each step has individual instructions- just follow the instructions provided and you will be fine. I have a set of folders, and I label them step 1, step 2, etc. Keep everything organized, and keep them once they are known-working. That way, if you need to go back to step 3 along the way, you have a clean, working step 3 folder that has been tested. Dont throw any of it away, you may need it later! Also, come up with a good labeling system so you can keep track of the different versions. I use XPPO, XPPR, XPHO, XPHR, XDPO, XDPR, XDHO, XDHR to represent "Xp, Plain or Drivers, Home or Pro, Oem or Retail. use whatever works for you.

Dont expect to get this done in a week. It is a mind boggling process for me even after rebuilding it several times, but very rewarding when done.
gospeed.racer

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Also make sure your CMPNENTS directory is placed in your ROOT\[OS] directiries. PowerPacker currently doesn't copy this for every OS. But since SP3 I think it is needed. The next version of PP will make sure it grabs it. ;)
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby gospeed.racer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:07 pm

you know...I have been removing the CMPNENTS folder for ever, and I noticed after integrating SP3 it came back- but I deleted it again. I haven't noticed any ill effect either, but maybe I am missing something? I thought it was only for MCE and Tablet. Hmmmm......
gospeed.racer

Users Information

Postby 5eraph » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:32 pm

The CMPNENTS folder contains NetFX.cab which contains files that are installed when "Install .NET Framework" is selected from the CD's AutoRun menu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5eraph

Users Information

Postby gospeed.racer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:16 pm

ok, cool..I dont use that, I use my own autorun and WPI lets me select my .net so I am covered :)
gospeed.racer

Users Information

Postby Elvis42 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:14 am

Hi,
Just a few questions if I may...I understand some of the processes here..Integrating the Update Pack for SP3 with RVMi...I use Booogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer for WMP11 and updates....I know this is probably a silly question but, where and which addons would you recommend for WGA, IE7 & DX9??? also I downloaded the OEMscan addon..do I put the necessary filesets in the folders and then integrate with RVMi?
Thanks,
John

gospeed.racer wrote:That is pretty much what I have done in mine. You just need to break it up into parts, and make sure each is done (you should burn it and test it fully) before going to the next. Here is what I do.

Start with a clean SP3 (or integrate sp3 to a previous version)
Use RVM Integrator to integrate the latest Update Pack for SP3
Use WMP11 Slipstreamer to integrate WMP11 and all updates
Use RVM Integrator to integrate WGA, IE7, DX9
Download and integrate oemscan with all the oembios filesets.
Grab all the driverpacks and Powerpacker to build a version with and without them. Make sure you label them differently.
Rebuild the menu system to your liking.
Restart the process as by now there are many updates you have missed. Repeat.

Like I said, do it in steps. make sure everything is working each step, otherwise it can be very hard to track down where it went wrong. Each step has individual instructions- just follow the instructions provided and you will be fine. I have a set of folders, and I label them step 1, step 2, etc. Keep everything organized, and keep them once they are known-working. That way, if you need to go back to step 3 along the way, you have a clean, working step 3 folder that has been tested. Dont throw any of it away, you may need it later! Also, come up with a good labeling system so you can keep track of the different versions. I use XPPO, XPPR, XPHO, XPHR, XDPO, XDPR, XDHO, XDHR to represent "Xp, Plain or Drivers, Home or Pro, Oem or Retail. use whatever works for you.

Dont expect to get this done in a week. It is a mind boggling process for me even after rebuilding it several times, but very rewarding when done.
Elvis42

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:05 am

Elvis42 wrote:Hi,
where and which addons would you recommend for WGA, IE7 & DX9??? also I downloaded the OEMscan addon..do I put the necessary filesets in the folders and then integrate with RVMi?

For the purpose of simplicity, just use OnePiece's Updatepack. It's got everything all-in-one.
Or you can use these updatepack/addons with Boooggy's wmp11 integrator (what I do).
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7184
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7119
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6509

And yes, if you use my oemscan addon, just add the filesets and your keys and you're done.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Return to Windows XP PowerPacker