Couple of questions...

Windows XP PowerPacker is a program I made to help users create Universal Windows XP Disks. It allows you to install any kind of XP edition on any computer without the need to install drivers and it packs everything onto one disk!

Couple of questions...

Postby BlackSol » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:44 pm

1) When I am chaining multiple PPs together and I add extra files, after it adds them a confirm dialog box comes up. That kinda defeats the purpose of running it unattended. Can that dialog box be removed?

2) Each time a new PP exe is called in the chain it opens a new instance of PP. Is that a designed "feature" or is there something that I can do to have it load each ini in the original instance?

Also,when I chain just one -pack and then do a -package everything finishes without incident. When I try and chain 2 -pack and then -package I get this error:

The ISO seems to finish ok, though.

EDIT: One more thing I just noticed. If I am integrating with RVM and using the option to copy files to destination dir there is no I386 dir yet so PP will not let me make an ini file. As it stands now one would have to make an in file by hand.

Let me say that I have only been putzing around with PP for about a day, so I could be missing something very simple. So, if I am, feel free to laugh, point and ridicule me all you want. :lol:
BlackSol

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:19 am

Actually I enjoy that you are pointing out these flaws. It gives me something to fix. ;)

Some of what you posted I am allready aware of. Most of them are only small bugs that I have just procrastinated on fixing. I will look into all of these issues soon and fix them. ;)

Thanks!
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby BlackSol » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:50 pm

I wouldn't call them flaws, more like boo-boos. :)

Nothing that breaks the program, so all is good.
BlackSol

Users Information

Return to Windows XP PowerPacker