driverpack integration question

Windows XP PowerPacker is a program I made to help users create Universal Windows XP Disks. It allows you to install any kind of XP edition on any computer without the need to install drivers and it packs everything onto one disk!

driverpack integration question

Postby chrisofdeath » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:28 pm

Hi Siginet. I stumble across this software while fumbling through my own attempts to manually create a mutli-boot DVD of various versions of WinXP. I'm surprised so few people know about it, as it seems to be an extremely useful app.

I've been able to create a standard (i.e. non driver integrated) installation DVD with no trouble at all, but I haven't been able to get the software to integrate the BTS driverpacks. Per the release instructions, I've created a DrivePack base .ini file for the Windows installation, and pointed PowerPacker to it. When I run PowerPacker with the option to install the DriverPacks checked, it copies the XP files to my multiboot folder, and does all the other prerequisite things it usually does, but fails to integrate the drivers. I was wondering if this is a bug, or if I'm simply making some silly mistake. Any assistance you could provide would be wonderful. For reference, here's my PowerPacker ini file:

Code: Select all
[InputOutput]
XPSource=C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Desktop\Multi Boot DVD\Integrated Installation Media\CD Contents\Dell XP Home
XPDestination=C:\PowerPk

[Exclusions]

[Extra Files]
ExtraPackDest=
ExtraRootDest=
ExtraPack=N

[Custom Options]
FileToRun=
RunParams=
Tri-Pack=N
PackNameOn=N

[Unattended]
Winnt.sif=
$OEM$=
Unattend=X

[DriverPacks]
DPSource=C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Desktop\Multi Boot DVD\DriverPacks\DriverPackBase\DPs_Base.exe
DPSettings=C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Desktop\Multi Boot DVD\DriverPacks\DriverPackBase\DellXPHm.ini
DriverPack=P

[WinXPVersion]
XPVersion=H

[WinXPEdition]
XPEdition=O

[Win2k3Version]
2k3Version=

[Boot Entry]
chrisofdeath

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:25 am

There is some sort of bug with the DP Base that occurs when another app like powerpacker calls it. If inside your mysettings.ini file you have:
DriverPacks = "all"
you will have an issue.

It needs to be:
DriverPacks = "select"

Do not use the Select All feature in the DP Base. For some reason it causes the DPs to not be integrated properly.

Also it is wise to use paths that contain no spaces. A lot of programs do not function well when it comes to spaces. I try to make sure all of my tools will work with spaces... but you never know.

Please post your custom DP setings file.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby chrisofdeath » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:26 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Changing the driverpacks .ini file did it. I've submitted a report to BTS's bug tracker, hopefully he get it fixed in the next rev. Thanks again!
chrisofdeath

Users Information

Postby havocnl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:00 am

hmm this still seems like a problem... was searching why powerpacker couldn't do what driverpack could manually... maybe this is it.
Will adjust the ini and see what happens :)
Maybe something worth mentioning in the 1.0 RC9 release post?

[edit] nope wasn't the all part, is was because i had a space in a folder name somewhere...
powerpacker + driverpacks is very sensitive to spaces....
havocnl

Users Information

Return to Windows XP PowerPacker