[Stable Release] Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC17

Windows XP PowerPacker is a program I made to help users create Universal Windows XP Disks. It allows you to install any kind of XP edition on any computer without the need to install drivers and it packs everything onto one disk!

[Stable Release] Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC17

Postby Siginet » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:49 pm

fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Windows_XP_PowerPacker/1120750090/1

Ok folks...

Changelog:

RC17 Final Released on Mar 27, 2012.
1. Fixed a few UI problems and the use of winnt.sif during compact packing when the source is readonly. Before, if your source was read-only, winnt.sif usage was not correctly implemented, causing no winnt.sif settings to take effect.

RC16 Final Released on Feb 24, 2012.
1. Fixed compact ISO packing.
2. Fixed USB normal Packing prompt if destination directory already exists (offers to delete or cancel pack).
3. Fixed progress bar of ISO creation.

RC15 Final Released on Jan 20, 2012.
1. Changed to WinSetupFromUSB v1.07beta USB Format style allowing Unattended section in Winnt.sif and almost identical layout whether USB key or USB hard drive. As before, the persistent difference is the migrate.inf file.
2. Added a utility that is installed to root of USB Drive to regenerate all the migrate.inf files so that if you copy to another USB drive, you can run the utility (RemakeMigrateInf.exe) and the packs will work (it adapts all subdirectories in root containing I386 subdirectories).
3. Normalized default menu changing in USB Packing
4. Extra BootEntries now works on USB, allowing the use of multiple winnt.sif files for the same pack. Handy for different parameters or one pack with OEMAutoScan and the other without, one automated, the other not at all, one with a host name and another with a different host name, etc.
5. Fixed packing of XP MCE with XP Pro. They can now be packed in the same directory thanks to Siginet.
6. Adjusted Driverpacks integration to work under new the new USB Packing method (whether integrated previously or inside PowerPacker).
7. Packing Driverpacks on a USB key did not work well. Now it does.
8. During ISO packing, if winnt.sif is both in I386 directory and in the directory specified in the interface (winnt.sif directory), priority is accorded to the directory specified in the interface.
9. Run a file upon completion ability added to USB Packing mode as well as extra root and extra pack files.

RC14 Final Download RC14
- when driverpacks are previously integrated outside powerpacker, usb packing had trouble dealing with that because of the preexistence of presetup.cmd. Fixed.
- During Compact packing, SvcPack.Inf is now also treated appropriately if it is not identical to the other versions in other packs. It is now moved to its differentiating directory (\i386\conv\????).
- Various interface fixes when loading ini files from within the gui
- boot directory is now generated only once during usb packing if driverpacks are used. It is also now only generated at the end, like it is already the case with iso packing. The reason it was changed is because otherwise some older drivers ended up being used for mass storage.
- added summary of errors at end of log file during compact packing

RC13 Final Download RC13
Bug fix: when packing from a CD or CD image, read-only attribute not removed from dosnet.inf causing an infinite loop in iso compact packing.

RC12 Final
1. Added the capacity to pack files to usb thumb drive and hard drive using code from WinSetupFromUSB. Thanks go to Ilko for permission to reuse his code.
2. Added the capacity to pack installations in the same directory. This compact packing means that if a file is already present in the powerpacker destination directory, there will only be one copy of it. For example, let's say you are packing XP Pro Corporate, Retail and OEM edition. In reality, almost all the files from these editions are identical. Compact packing takes advantage of this fact by putting all the files in the same directory, except the ones that are different. The different files are relocated elsewhere and txtsetup.sif is adjusted accordingly. This feature works for ISO Packing and USB Packing. This feature is the most interesting for USB Packing since it means you can pack more installations onto your thumb drive.
3. Added Tablet version among the possibilities of the Xp version. The menus are created accordingly.

RC11 Final Download RC11
- fixed packing of an XP source which does not contain any OEM directory

RC10 Final
1. Removed date time stamp change of files during cd iso creation (which made windows update continually want to install KB955759).
2. Fixed it so that if dosnet.inf floppyfiles section contains quotes, a pack still succeeds.
3. Updated various information and web site references

RC9 Final Download RC9
1. Added support for Media Center.
2. Added OS Detection which will automatically select some of the options for you.
3. Made the Advanced Option "Create Extra Boot Options" more user friendly. It also will show the text of what you would see in the boot menu.
4. You can now use **** as your Boot folder name to make powerpacker automatically use the current Boot Folder for multiple winnt.sif files.
5. Various bug fixes.
6. Added links to the new "Official Windows XP PowerPacker Website". (Online manual to be added to soon.)

RC8 Final:
1. Fixed a bug where the IDENT files were not created in the unattended pack of the Tri-Pack option.
2. Fixed other small bugs.
3. ReCompiled the old help file into the program so people can at least learn the basics until I get time to create a new help file. This help file is outdated and there have been some major changes since this help file was created... but it should help give you an understanding of what to do.
Beta5:
1. Added new option in Advanced tab for allowing multiple winnt.sif files. Very cool new feature! Just select a 4 character name, a winnt.sif file and something to add to the boot screen. (PowerPacker auto recognises the type of OS you are using.)
2. Custom pack name option now allows you to add an entry into the boot screen.
3. Fixed bug where the tmp folder was left behind when using the DriverPacks. Now the driverpacks settings file is copied to the %temp% directory and deleted after it is finished.
Beta4:
1. Added support for the new DriverPacks Base.

*Note... in order for the DP to work you must first install the new DP_Base.exe and create a mysettings.ini file through the DP Base. Once you have made your settings file you just select that settings file in the DP section of PowerPacker.

Also a major change you will quickly notice is the new "Advanced" tab. A new advanced feature is the "Run file upon completion" area. This feature is allready built into the RVMIntegrator and now is available in PowerPacker as well. It is very usefult to chain link multiple packaging processes of powerpacker together... or even chain linking powerpacker and the RVMIntegrator together. :) It is made to help simplify the unattended disc creation. Once you have all of your settings files made for all of the programs... you just start the process and the rest is unattended. :)

There will be more "Advanced" features added... but this new beta should hold you guys/gals for a bit before Beta5.

Please report any bugs you may find.

Download and Rate Windows XP PowerPacker @ BetaNews.com

Enjoy!

Here is how to use the DriverPacks:
Download the DP Base.
http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/

Install the DriverPack Base. Then run DP_BASE.exe.
Choose all of your settings then choose to "Export Settings".

This will create a mysettings.ini file in the same directory as the DP_Base.exe file.

Use that mysettings.ini in powerpacker.

Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Thank you!

Postby chrisofdeath » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:52 pm

woot! I've been wondering if you had time to keep plugging away at this incredibly useful program. Many thanks for all your hard work.
chrisofdeath

Users Information

Postby choman » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:39 am

Sweeeet, multi-sif makes this program awesome. starting to look at it now

BTW, I found this in the new RC9.

Easiest way to reproduce, is to start off with an empty ini file and just
hit the "select entry" off the "Advance" tab. However, I initially received
the error opening my standard ini, selecting and entry, and pushing the
button.

Hope this helps
choman

Users Information

Postby black light » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:17 am

THank You So Much
black light

Users Information

Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC9

Postby Joe K » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:49 pm

Thank You.
I just began to experiment making a pack with XP Home And XP Pro. One minor thing would be helpful for us older people would be a little more time when the boot menu pops up! I'll more experiment later but I think I got it figured out the boot menu shows Home and Pro. I just used The SP2 source for both in this try. I just booted from the ISO on virtual machine. I'll have to make up an updated disk for Pro and test all this on the virtual machine. Maybe I'll see if I can figure out how to link PowerPacker and Integrator too you mentioned that I think. Pretty amazing programs really. I know you're busy but if you can get a more detailed manual I think more people would try PowerPacker. It's really a worthwhile program I think right now mostly people who like to tinker with things are using it.
Again Thanks
Joe
Joe K

Users Information

Possible Software Conflict

Postby Joe K » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:39 pm

Siginet,
I think I've encountered a software conflict. I believe it is Avast Home 4.7 (free). It worked fine the other night now when I try and use it I get a pop up for Version and Edition. It even happens with a hologram disk. I tried on 2 different computers. The common security program that has updated is Avast. The second computer updated before I could disable automatic updates. I know from past experience that AV programs can cause strange isolated problems. Last year I switched from AVG because of system hangups when encountering XP SP2 files from down load or disk. Also had false positives for files in folders containing files from install disk. About the only way I found to fix past problems was a reinstall and I don't have time for that now. I thought you might like to know about this. I tried previous editions of PowerPacker and a fresh download of this one also.
Thanks for all your hard work on PowerPacker and Integrator.
Joe
Joe K

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 am

Can you show me a pic of this popup? I'm not sure I know exactly what popup you mean. Thanks.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Update

Postby Joe K » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:12 pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled Avast and it works OK now. Some of my security programs have updated and made new versions a number of times since the last clean install. Now PowerPacker works fine. I've made the ISO and have to try and test it. I just retested it after the virus scan and it's still OK.
Thanks
Joe
Joe K

Users Information

Fault Pics

Postby Joe K » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Siginet,
Here are pics of the faults. I think I discovered the real problem. I deleted the configuration file after running then the faults shows up. I never saw that happen with other versions of PowerPacker after deleting the Configuration file. As long as the config file is there it runs fine but if I delete I get the faults.
I tested my ISO and it installed fine with Pro and Home versions on it.
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe K

Users Information

PowerPacker Problem

Postby pcguy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:22 am

Siginet,

I've been using your powerpacker program for a while. I've just today & yestreday tried to create a multi install dvd using my XP Pro Retail & XP Pro Upgrade cd's. I've been VERY carefull to select the correct selections and everytime that I make a multi dvd, both of the menu items say "Retail SP2 Unattended With DriverPacks".

Shouldn't one of them "Upgrade Retail Unattended With DriverPacks" (or something)?

Is there a newer version than v1.0 RC9?

pcguy

Users Information

Next

Return to Windows XP PowerPacker