More comments and questions

Windows XP PowerPacker is a program I made to help users create Universal Windows XP Disks. It allows you to install any kind of XP edition on any computer without the need to install drivers and it packs everything onto one disk!

More comments and questions

Postby TwoJ » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:17 am

Hi Siginet

First off - thank you for another great piece of software - i wish i had some more time to try out all your stuff, slowly i am trying to catch up to all of it!

So i just started playing around with Powerpacker, and one thing i noticed is that, like one of the other people here i'm using a 11in1 XP DVD from xiso, but in powerpacker when i point it to lets say XP Home OEM Edition it will create the entry XPHR? So then i added home retail and it again used the XPHR folder overwriting the OEM edition!
I guess it can be set manually but it seems odd that it detects the proper edition but the 4 character folder it seems to have problems. I tried it 3 times and in each case it seemed to create the wrong folders.

1 question is that for the driverpacks - do they have to be integrated into each subfolder in the ROOT folder? ie are they integrated into each version&edition? or can that be integrated for all versions&editions? If they are integrated for each version&edition it can certainly add to the necessary space.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby rowdony » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:58 am

Hi,

I am also confused on this matter because there are many peoples which can provide this type of services.

if you have any site about this matter which one is good for you and me so please let me know.

Thanks !!!
rowdony

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:16 pm

Well, you should never start with someone else's source.
But you're right. When adding a source to PowerPacker, I've found that the the best way to ensure success is to declare the name manually.
XPHO - XP Home OEM
XPPO - XP Pro OEM
XPMO - XP MCE OEM
XPHR - XP Home Retail
XPPR - XP Pro Retail
XPPV - XP Pro Volume

Also, with DriverPacks, I've found it's best to use identical settings when integrating DriverPacks to each source individually, then adding that source to PowerPacker. I use dps method-2 with the dps-finisher executed at ROE.
Then copy the entire OEM folder to the PP root directory if it didn't get copied over automatically.
That way you know that dps are integrated correctly, and they share the same OEM folder so the dps are easy to update (drag/drop).
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Return to Windows XP PowerPacker