Intel Speed Shift Technology... MIA?

Windows XP PowerPacker is a program I made to help users create Universal Windows XP Disks. It allows you to install any kind of XP edition on any computer without the need to install drivers and it packs everything onto one disk!

Intel Speed Shift Technology... MIA?

Postby markblake » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:12 am

Has anyone messed around with Speed Shift Technology? It's supposedly a key feature for Skylake, but only seems to be enabled in a couple laptops and the new Microsoft Surface's.

I've got a Gigabyte z170x-UD3 and can't seem to get it enabled in Win 10 according to HWinfo. I can't seem to find any switches in the BIOS (latest beta). I guess I'm waiting for Gigabyte to add support.

For those of you who haven't heard of it. Speed Shift basically is a feature that lets the CPU control the multiplier and power states directly instead of relying on the OS. This supposedly results in much faster ramps ups that are noticeable in the UI. It should help quite a bit for bursty tasks like web page rendering.

It seems like there was a lot of hype back last November about this, but then nothing really happened after the big Windows 1511 update.

Also, HWinfo seems to be the only piece of software that will tell you if SST is enabled or not. Anyone know of any other tests?
Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/in ... a.2463727/

Bike Rental Video Examples
markblake

Users Information

Return to Windows XP PowerPacker