office 2007 PST problem

Used to backup all of the important areas of a system before reinstalling Windows. It even backs up Windows/Office product keys, Drivers, My Docs, Pics, Music, Favorites, WiFi Profiles, and much more!!

office 2007 PST problem

Postby stepmond » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:45 am

Thank you for your program gotcha! data backup, but i've tested with office 2007, with a email account valid and non of pst have been backupped, in offline or inline mode. i've used in offline mode A WInPE based environment: Win8.1SE
MY config: Windows 7 X67 Home premium, office 2007 with configured email account (pop/smtp)

PS: with outlook 2010, backup of PST work in session, but no in a WInPE environment, it's better than office 2007 in wich noting in backupped in active windows and WinPE

PS: I think gotcha! data backup is an essential program so i'v done un youtube tutorial in my natural language; french:
https://youtu.be/ynqHWDFeB2I

Best regards
stepmond

Users Information

Re: office 2007 PST problem

Postby Siginet » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:52 pm

Thanks for the youtube video. :)

As for the pst backup problem. That is odd. I haven't come across this issue yet. But this would be a big flaw. These are pst's that are currently in use in Office 2007? Because Gotcha should find them in the registry. I'm wondering if it could possibly be a language thing causing this?

If you see this again... can you check this area of your registry and let me know if it is where your office profiles are located for Office 2007:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

If I remember correctly in Office 2013 the profiles are located:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles

I have come across an issue in the past if I use the move function it caused the pst files to be moved by the Documents portion of Backup/Restore before the Office portion. Which was causing problems. But I'm pretty sure I have fixed that by moving the Documents processing after OfficePST processing.

Please do come back if you are still having the problem so we can troubleshoot some more. ;)
Siginet

Users Information

Re: office 2007 PST problem

Postby stepmond » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:32 am

If you see this again... can you check this area of your registry and let me know if it is where your office profiles are located for Office 2007:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Yes this is the good location, see capture:https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FB1697BFCC570250!18804&authkey=!AIo8AN3B9QlFtl0&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

I m French and my version of Windows 7 X64 is french too, like Outlook 2007, i must say that office 2007 is 32bit

For outlook 2013 you'r right: the capture: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F ... hoto%2cPNG

Thanks again
stepmond

Users Information

Return to Gotcha! Data Backup