ESET-NOD32 reports threats

Used to backup all of the important areas of a system before reinstalling Windows. It even backs up Windows/Office product keys, Drivers, My Docs, Pics, Music, Favorites, WiFi Profiles, and much more!!

ESET-NOD32 reports threats

Postby yaseen121 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:20 pm

NOD32 report potential threat found ?

any help is appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yaseen121

Users Information

Re: ESET-NOD32 reports threats

Postby Siginet » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 pm

It is a false positive. You need to somehow allow the gotcha program to run through eset... or you will need to disable your antivirus when using gotcha.

If you would like to help please submit gotcha to eset as a false positive.

Here's a thread I created a long time ago to list many AV sites and where to submit false positives.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=550
Siginet

Users Information

Postby yaseen121 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:18 am

Update
I have already scanned it with virustotal.com and only 3/48 Anti-virus reports it as virus
1. ESET-NOD32 :
2. Kingsoft :
3. TrendMicro :

With regards to NOD32
I have set the Anti-virus to exclude the program [GotchaBackup] from scanning but the program creates other programs in the temp folder like [GetUser] and that now causing a problem

Maybe the solution is to disable the antivirus when using GotchaBACKUP.
yaseen121

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:48 pm

yaseen121 wrote:Update
I have already scanned it with virustotal.com and only 3/48 Anti-virus reports it as virus
1. ESET-NOD32 :
2. Kingsoft :
3. TrendMicro :

With regards to NOD32
I have set the Anti-virus to exclude the program [GotchaBackup] from scanning but the program creates other programs in the temp folder like [GetUser] and that now causing a problem

Maybe the solution is to disable the antivirus when using GotchaBACKUP.

I am currently working on removing GetUser.exe from Gotcha. I have found a better way to do it and I think it will work much better. ;) Thanks for reporting the issue. Hopefully this will help fix the issue with this false positive. :)
Siginet

Users Information

Return to Gotcha! Data Backup