Office Updates Downloader

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Postby TwoJ » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:09 am

i don't follow what you are trying to find through google? My package is only available on the first post of this thread, if its available elsewhere then avoid it. I try to include the most recent version of katerin but the version of the program isn't too important, it would still run with the older version, the important information is in the jobs.db.

The issue i see is that most people will only want one or several office types, i think few people need all versions to download, ie few people probably need office 2010 x86 and x64 - they don't need to download large SPs, so what i think we need is a way to select what end-users want, and in order to do that we would need an up-to-date database with the all the different types of office. In order to use kerarin like that we would need to maintain probably like 20 different jobs.db database files just for the english US version. So its already enough work to maintain 1 database file.

We would need to develop a more efficient way of doing it then just to link the 2, thats my thinking.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby ChiefZeke » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:11 pm

TwoJ,

I searched Google as I was unaware you were posting updated databases in the first post of this thread - until I downloaded your latest, as mentioned earlier, I had foolishly assumed the basic Ketarin program came with the database. When I saw things had not been updated I came back and posted my findings -see above; now I know better and, hopefully, will rememeber the updates.

Which now requires a question - is there no way when Ketarin is started to have it search for an updated database? (I'm guessing the answer is no as the database is your creation and Ketarin is a program you found that allows for the function you now use it for.)

Hope that was clear.
ChiefZeke

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi Chief

The ketarin program comes with an empty database, people can populate it with all types of stuff to download, i did it for the office updates, equally you could create one for Windows updates. Keterin does have an online database where other people share their downloads, its good in concept but it needs to be fine-tuned a bit since there are a lot of programs in their online database that are out-of-date. It really needs someone to keep the stuff organized and i'm not sure if the creator of ketarin thought about how to do it.
Anyways - I know there is a way to share the database i made, upload it to the online database, and when you open ketarin it should detect that there is a newer version and ask if you want to update the program, i just haven't had the time to try it.
Hopefully i can get around to it soon.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Updated to 2011-10-07
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:46 pm

Updated to 2011-11-13
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Updated to 2012-01-22
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby adric » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:54 am

When I try and go to settings in ketarin, I get the following pop-up:

[ATTACH]902[/ATTACH]

Al
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adric

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:34 am

I've seen that to and i'm not sure what the issue is at the moment - I would try to download the ketarin package from their website, the link is in the first post. After the install just replace the .db file which is the important file with the information. let me know if that fixes it.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby adric » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 am

Looks like SciLexer.dll is needed to eliminate the pop-up. There are 3 other DLLs, but I don't know if they are needed. Also works without them.
Code: Select all
DiffieHellman.dll
Org.Mentalis.Security.dll
Tamir.SharpSSH.dll
adric

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:59 am

Updated to 2012-04-15
TwoJ

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Office Integrator