Office Updates Downloader

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Re: Office Updates Downloader

Postby adric » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:53 am

Since this forum was down for so long, it looks like Benners and Twoj took the opportunity to jump ship. If anyone has their private e-mail, maybe they can get in contact with them and let them know they still have followers and the forums are back :)
adric

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:27 pm

I emailed benners and I he said he doesn't have time to continue development. :(

So if anyone has programing knowledge and would like to join the development team let me know.
Siginet

Users Information

Re:

Postby BOTUS » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:44 am

Siginet, is it possible you could ask benners for a copy of the last one he was working on OI v1.2 where he was looking to fix the way it handles 7 character long kb's?

From his post viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4111 I thought he had iot ready / almost ready but we don't seem to have a copy here. In fact I can't find (but I have) a version of OI v1.1 here these days

It was great work by him shame if we've lost it
BOTUS

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:56 pm

I just updated the first post with my status on this project.
TwoJ

Users Information

Re:

Postby Siginet » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:52 pm

TwoJ wrote:I just updated the first post with my status on this project.

Thanks for all the work you have done for this project TwoJ! I hope to see you pop in from time to time. ;-)

I will be getting the latest version online soon.

I'm hoping to have more time to code and I also have some other projects in the work as well that I will be releasing soon. With the death of XP... it's finally time for me to move on to projects for newer versions of Windows. I had not had much need for these types of tools for the later versions of Windows... since they didn't have much updates to integrate anyways. But now that time has gone by... there is starting to be a need for tools like these.

It really sucks the old forums were hacked... it really destroyed the community we had here. But I'll begin to breathe new life into it soon. ;)
Siginet

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Updated to 2014-02-16
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:29 am

minor update
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby compstuff » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:09 am

TwoJ... I haven't been around in awhile but I wanted to say thanks for your updates I this!!!!
compstuff

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 am

Thanks compstuff!

I know these are the type of install you do once in awhile, right now I might do 1 install every 2-3 months or more, whereas before I would do 2-3 times a day. So like the frequency I have to readjust the amount of time I can put on these updates.

The 2003-2007 updates are done however i'm running into an issue with the 2010 updates that are forcing me to look at modifying the download structure of the Office Updates Downloader. So I need to look at it a bit more before I make a choice.

thanks for the support!
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Tue May 06, 2014 7:18 pm

- This took longer than I had hoped, but I've included a small batch file, _ExtractMSPs.bat, in the 2007, 2010, and 2013 folders. when you run this, it should extract the Service Pack and the hotfixes into a folder called 'updates'. This should be all the files necessary to copy into the updates folder on your source in order to get an up-to-date office installation.

Let me know what you guys/girls think!
TwoJ

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Office Integrator