Office Updates Downloader

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Postby compstuff » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:08 pm

BIG THANKS for all your great work!!!!

TwoJ wrote:Updated to 2013-02-20

Now has Office 2013 updates.
compstuff

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:32 pm

There seems to be something up with the hoster - i've put up a link to the database file which is the important file.
Let me know if there are still issues and i will correct it asap
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby ChiefZeke » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Today - unable to get Ketarin_OfficeUpdatesDownloader_en-us_20130220.zip (did download ok on 22Feb) - tried jobs.db - download ok.
ChiefZeke

Users Information

Postby compstuff » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:36 am

I was able to download both today... again thanks
compstuff

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:35 pm

As some of you may have seen in the last release of the OUD i included the Office 2013 hotfixes. I was considering opening another thread about Office 2013 Post-RTM hotfixes. I actually remember when i was searching for a way to update office that i typed in 'post sp2 office xp' into google or something similar. that was a while ago. However now since this project still takes up more time than i wish, i am trying to make things as effecient as possible, and one of the ways is not to have to update all the different posts.

I think going forward I will just use this thread as the only one i update. the main thing holding back at this moment is when benners is able to release the updated version of the OI (either v1.x or v2.x). As soon as it's ready then people will not need the hotpacks since it will be more efficient to create it themselves. When benners is ready to release the updated version i will ask him to close down my other threads and just sticky this one. Also as most of you have probably noticed that most of the hotpacks have become insanely large and uploading and working with these files becomes again inefficient. Also get ready because 2013 are ever worse, the one for office 2013 sits at just over 1GB! So even if i could its not practicle to upload a 1gb file.

Another concept that i might explore is having just individual database files for each version of office, ie 2003, 2007, 2010. the database files are small enough and i thought it could be a contribution. any user could post an updated database and then that could be shared by the whole community. People anxious for the patch tuesday releases don't need to wait for me.

I have concieved of a way that would really automate the process almost entirely but it would take time and programming skills - both of which i have in limited quantities. If i make any headway i'll post the results.

I'd appreciate comments and feedback.

OUD updated to 2013-03-19
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Updated to 2013-04-15
TwoJ

Users Information

Re: Office Updates Downloader

Postby ChiefZeke » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:45 pm

It's been many months since I looked around here, the forum was down and not available.

Is anything still going on with the Office Updates Downloader and/or the updates to the Office Integrator? I ask because SP2 for Office 2010 has been released, there is a downloadable image of Office 2010 w/SP1 available, and I was wondering what's going on - if anything?

One question/observation: I found a link to instructions on "slipstreaming/integrating" SP2 - by extracting the KB and placing the results in the \Updates folder - OK, that works. (Files are MSP and XML.) I noticed the hotfixes released since SP2 are all EXE - do I extract them also and place the results on the same \Updates folder or do I just copy the EXEs to the \Updates folder? I'm asking because I could not find any reference to how this is supposed to be accomplished. (Any references welcome.)
ChiefZeke

Users Information

Postby compstuff » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:15 am

Chief, this tool http://www.wincert.net/forum/forum/179-win-toolkit/ will download all the office updates from a well maintained repo of McRip's. You can then just copy them to the updates folder... super easy
compstuff

Users Information

Postby ChiefZeke » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:18 pm

@Compstuff

I'm familier with the Win-Toolkit - been using it for a long time to update win7 and 8.

The discussion I posted above has to do with upgrading the Office Integrator and its possible compatibility with the the Office Updates Downloader; a project separate from McRip and the Win-Toolkit.
ChiefZeke

Users Information

Postby compstuff » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:31 am

I do miss TwoJ's updates... does anyone else know how to maintain this great tool to provide the latest updates?
compstuff

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Office Integrator