[Release] Office Integrator v1.1

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Postby BOTUS » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Benners, please take a look at this post I put on TwoJ's compatibility pack posting. After adding compatibility pack with OI subsequent updates to this part don't install.

http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6896#post6896
BOTUS

Users Information

Postby benners » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:54 am

TwoJ wrote:Well 21 is having better success, it integrates the french Powerpoint, visio, and word but it has a problem on excel, i've attached the log file, it seems the french excel is different from the english.

Also the french PowerPoint i can't start, and the french visio information is all in english, now this may be because i'm testing it on a english vm, but usually like in the case of Word, it installs fine and just gives the UI as french.

thanks benners

I tried the excel viewer and got the same error but I also got a problem when running the original exe. The excel viewer installed and opened (in French) but during installation I get an error message. It is the same one as the OI pops out and says that a product is missing and the patch cannot update blah blah. Do you get this when installing on a French XP system?

I also tried the visio and powerpoint. Both went OK when using the Oi and both installed and opened. No shortcut on the start menu for visio though.

BOTUS wrote:Hi Benners, please take a look at this post I put on TwoJ's compatibility pack posting. After adding compatibility pack with OI subsequent updates to this part don't install.

http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6896#post6896

I have had a look at the thread but no ideas on why it happens yet :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benners

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:34 pm

The french viewers have been nothing but trouble, but to answer your question - no i didn't have any troubles with the installer - i tried it on both english and french systems and the exe installs without issue.

When i said there is a difference is that if you open up the english excel viewer you have xlview.msi & xlviewsp1-en-us.msp, ie the viewer and SP1
if you open the french version you have xlview.msi, msxml5.msp, and mso.msp
So you can see both in contents and file size that the 2 are different types. Not sure why it is done this way but it seems very inconsistant.

I wonder if the problem might be that you already have excel on your system and it doesn't want to install the viewer?
I test my stuff on VMs so i make sure there isn't other software to cause complications.

But i've never had such complicated crap from microsoft as there viewers - i've installed the powerpoint, start it, click through the EULA, open the ppt document, close it, then it never wants to re-open. You click on it and nothing happens, i've tried right-click open, tried starting it from program files, restarted the computer, everything and it doesn't want to start up again!

The visio installs fine, but as you said there is no icon, i actually found that it is just an activeX control (i think meaning that you can only run it with IE), however the french version installed on a french windows and the visio controls are in english so not sure what the 'french' version is suppose to give.

I'm pretty discouraged by how complicated the viewers in french are, plus i'm doubtful how many actually need/want them, so i may just put them on the sideline until/ if they are needed. It was more that i wanted to let you know about the OI issues.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby benners » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:32 pm

TwoJ wrote:The french viewers have been nothing but trouble, but to answer your question - no i didn't have any troubles with the installer - i tried it on both english and french systems and the exe installs without issue.

When i said there is a difference is that if you open up the english excel viewer you have xlview.msi & xlviewsp1-en-us.msp, ie the viewer and SP1
if you open the french version you have xlview.msi, msxml5.msp, and mso.msp
So you can see both in contents and file size that the 2 are different types. Not sure why it is done this way but it seems very inconsistant.

I wonder if the problem might be that you already have excel on your system and it doesn't want to install the viewer?
I test my stuff on VMs so i make sure there isn't other software to cause complications.

But i've never had such complicated crap from microsoft as there viewers - i've installed the powerpoint, start it, click through the EULA, open the ppt document, close it, then it never wants to re-open. You click on it and nothing happens, i've tried right-click open, tried starting it from program files, restarted the computer, everything and it doesn't want to start up again!

The visio installs fine, but as you said there is no icon, i actually found that it is just an activeX control (i think meaning that you can only run it with IE), however the french version installed on a french windows and the visio controls are in english so not sure what the 'french' version is suppose to give.

I'm pretty discouraged by how complicated the viewers in french are, plus i'm doubtful how many actually need/want them, so i may just put them on the sideline until/ if they are needed. It was more that i wanted to let you know about the OI issues.

I agree about the viewers, and other MS pains in the ass. I'll have a look at other languages concerning the viewers, and another look at the French. For some reason my network has stopped working in my VM so it's something else to fix before testing :mad: .

Thanks for your feedback, it helps improve the OI :)
benners

Users Information

Postby bartgrefte » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:42 am

I recently tried out Office Integrator because I thought/hoped it would really integrate the updates of Office 2007, to bad it doesn't.

Anyway, isn't there a way to unpack the installer- and update-files, replace the unpacked and outdated installer-files with the ones from the updates, and then pack them again? Or am I thinking to simple.

ps. The downloadlink here, http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com/index.php?addons&id=213 , doesn't work too well. It loads a file called "Office", no extension. Took me a while to figure out it was rar...
bartgrefte

Users Information

Postby benners » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:34 pm

bartgrefte wrote:I recently tried out Office Integrator because I thought/hoped it would really integrate the updates of Office 2007, to bad it doesn't.

Anyway, isn't there a way to unpack the installer- and update-files, replace the unpacked and outdated installer-files with the ones from the updates, and then pack them again? Or am I thinking to simple.

ps. The downloadlink here, http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com/index.php?addons&id=213 , doesn't work too well. It loads a file called "Office", no extension. Took me a while to figure out it was rar...

As for as I know this is the way MS want to do it with 2007. It is a ballache when installing, but I haven't found a way to integrate the updates as with XP/2003. :(

Thanks for the info on the download, there was a space in the file name. I have reupped it. :)
benners

Users Information

Postby bartgrefte » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:27 pm

benners wrote:As for as I know this is the way MS want to do it with 2007. It is a ballache when installing, but I haven't found a way to integrate the updates as with XP/2003. :(

Thanks for the info on the download, there was a space in the file name. I have reupped it. :)

Okay. Damn, was hoping there was a better way.

You're welcome ;)
Works now :)
Hmm, spaces in a link, that usually doesn't work:P. Although I (if working with spaces) put %20 in the link to make a space like in the filename, that works perfectly.

edit: I might be on to something.
On this page: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2006/04/07/571138.aspx , you can download something called MsiX.
With that little program (in the release folder) you can extract the msp update-files.
Tried 2 files (publisher.msp and Proofsp1-nl-nl.msp), so far I got a .cab and a bunch of .mst files. Can you do anything with that?

The program must be run from the commandline in this format:
msix C:\folder\file.msp /out C:\folder1 /ext
(Keep the path's short, with long paths the program doesn't extract anything here.)

edit2:
To make the unpacking of those msp's easier, I made a batchfile (.cmd). Put this:
Code: Select all
@ECHO OFF
for %%i in (C:\officeupdates\*.msp) do ( mkdir "C:\officeupdates\%%~ni" & start /wait C:\officeupdates\MsiX.exe %%i /out C:\officeupdates\%%~ni\ /ext )

together with the msix.exe and the .msp's in a folder called c:\officeupdates, then run it.

Now let's hope those files can be used to really update the installerfiles of office 2007...
bartgrefte

Users Information

Postby ChiefZeke » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 pm

The latest posted CHM file is dated 10/19/2009 and I noticed for Office Viewers it lists the Word Viewer as 2003. In the AutoPatcher forum they said there is a Word 2007 viewer and when I checked it has the same name and date as the Word Viewer listed here though the dates would indicate 2007 as being more appropriate.

So, can this info be verified by someone knowledgeable here as to if the CHM file has the correct info for the Word Viewer 2003 vs 2007?

Also, the CHM file needs to be updated because of the November Office updates.

ChiefZeke

Users Information

Postby benners » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:28 pm

ChiefZeke wrote:The latest posted CHM file is dated 10/19/2009 and I noticed for Office Viewers it lists the Word Viewer as 2003. In the AutoPatcher forum they said there is a Word 2007 viewer and when I checked it has the same name and date as the Word Viewer listed here though the dates would indicate 2007 as being more appropriate.

So, can this info be verified by someone knowledgeable here as to if the CHM file has the correct info for the Word Viewer 2003 vs 2007?

Also, the CHM file needs to be updated because of the November Office updates.

The update file lists the correct exe. I missed changing the text. The service pack and updates are all down as 2003 though.

The help file always needs updating :) , I just need a time dilation device to slow time down and give me more hours in the day.
benners

Users Information

Postby stalker878 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:22 am

Hi, could anyone help me with the following error. I have used the latest version of OI with SP3 and TwoJ Post SP3 hotpack in office11.

Secondly, is it even possible to integrate the compatibility pack into the office installation? Or can OI integrate the office 11 and compatibility pack using the AIO creation???

Code: Select all
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setting Source Variables Running --------->

Source Drive Type: Fixed
Source Path      : E:\MSCampus\Office11
Setup Exe Name   : SETUPPRO.EXE
Setup Exe Path   : E:\MSCampus\Office11\SETUPPRO.EXE
INI Name         : SETUPPRO.ini
INI Path         : E:\MSCampus\Office11\FILES\SETUP\SETUPPRO.ini
Current MSI      : PRO11.MSI
Current Reg File : SETUPPRO.reg
ProductCode      : {90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}
Product Version  : 11.0.5614.0
Product Name     : Microsoft Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003
Edition          : Enterprise
Language         : English - United States

Setting Source Variables Finished <---------

Setting Destination Variables Running --------->

Destination: D:\New Folder (3)\New Folder

Setting Destination Variables Finished <---------

Removing Redundant Files and Folders Running --------->

Hotpack folder found and Hotpack selected
   Checking Files against List...
      File in list. Skipping: EXCEL.msp
      File in list. Skipping: FM20.msp
      File in list. Skipping: GDIPLUS.msp
      File in list. Skipping: GPFILT.msp
      File in list. Skipping: KB953432_OUTLOOK.msp
      File in list. Skipping: MSCONV.msp
      File in list. Skipping: MSO.msp
      File in list. Skipping: MSPUB.msp
      File in list. Skipping: MSXML5.msp
      File in list. Skipping: OLKINTL.msp
      File in list. Skipping: OTKLOADR.msp
      File in list. Skipping: OUTLFLTR.msp
      File in list. Skipping: OUTLOOK.msp
      File in list. Skipping: OWC10.msp
      File in list. Skipping: OWC11.msp
      File in list. Skipping: POWERPNT.msp
      File in list. Skipping: SNAPVIEW.msp
      File in list. Skipping: VBE6.msp
      File in list. Skipping: WINWORD.msp
      File in list. Skipping: WORKS632.msp
   All Files Checked

Removing Redundant Files and Folders Finished <---------

Direct Integration Running --------->

WIN_XP Service Pack 3 (CPU: X64) (Lang: English - United States)

Integrator Current Build : 1.1.0.20
Windows Installer Version: 4.5.6001.22299

Source                  : E:\MSCampus\Office11\SETUPPRO.EXE
Source Drive Type       : Fixed
Source Method           : Direct Integration
Source Description      : Microsoft Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003 (v11.0.5614.0)
Source Version          : 11.0.5614.0 (MSI)
Destination             : D:\New Folder (3)\New Folder
Service Pack(s)         : C:\Documents and Settings\Alvin\My Documents\Downloads\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe
Service Pack Description: Self-Extracting Cabinet
Hotfixes\HotPacks       : Office11-PostSP3-HotPack-ENU-1111.7z

Creating Source: Microsoft Office 2003 Running --------->

Creating list of files in E:\MSCampus\Office11
   File: C:\DOCUME~1\Alvin\LOCALS~1\Temp\Working\Microsoft-Office-Professional-Enterprise-Edition-2003_FileList.txt
   File list created successfully

Copying files from E:\MSCampus\Office11 to D:\New Folder (3)\New Folder
   Total Files: 236

Clearing files Hidden and Read Only attributes (If any)...
   Attributes Reset

File Backup: Microsoft Office 2003 Running --------->

Exporting Config 1 & 2 Options Running --------->

Office Config File: D:\New Folder (3)\New Folder\FILES\SETUP\SETUPPRO.ini

Processing MST section ------------------------>

Scanning list for MST items...
   No items found in list. Skipping MST section.

Checking for MST files in D:\New Folder (3)\New Folder\FILES\SETUP...
   No MST files found

Processing Options Section -------------------->

No UserName supplied. Deleting previous

No CompanyName supplied. Deleting previous

No InstallLocation supplied. Deleting previous

Processing Display Section -------------------->

Display Level = Full

Saving ChainedInstalls Running ---------------->

Processing SETUPPRO.ini sections...

Checking for previous ChainedInstall entries...
Processing ChainedInstall list entries...
   No ChainedInstall entries found: Skipping

Saving ChainedInstalls Finished <---------------

0 Error(s) Occurred
Exporting Config 1 & 2 Options Finished <---------

Backup Folder: C:\DOCUME~1\Alvin\LOCALS~1\Temp\Working\Backup\PRO11

Scanning Root for unique files...

SETUPPRO.reg was not found

Found: README.HTM
      Copying From: D:\New Folder (3)\New Folder\README.HTM
      Copying To  : C:\DOCUME~1\Alvin\LOCALS~1\Temp\Working\Backup\PRO11\README.HTM

Found: SETUPPRO.ini
      Copying From: D:\New Folder (3)\New Folder\FILES\SETUP\SETUPPRO.ini
      Copying To  : C:\DOCUME~1\Alvin\LOCALS~1\Temp\Working\Backup\PRO11\FILES\SETUP\SETUPPRO.ini

File Backup: Microsoft Office 2003 Finished <---------

Creating Source: Microsoft Office 2003 Finished <---------

Integrating Service Pack Running --------->

Source Version      : 11.0.5614.0
Service Pack Version: 6.2.0029.0 (SRV03_QFE.031113-0918)

Selected Service Pack is newer than selected source. Integrating Service Pack

Service Pack(s) not extracted: Extracting...

Service Pack Count   : 1
Service Pack Selected: 1

Extracting (1/1): WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe
   7z.exe -y x "C:\Documents and Settings\Alvin\My Documents\Downloads\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" -aoa -o"C:\DOCUME~1\Alvin\LOCALS~1\Temp\Working\Service Pack\"

1/1 Service Pack(s) extracted to C:\DOCUME~1\Alvin\LOCALS~1\Temp\Working\Service Pack\
Checking for required Service Pack(s)...

########## <ERROR #1> No msp files found in C:\DOCUME~1\Alvin\LOCALS~1\Temp\Working\Service Pack\ after extraction <ERROR #1< ##########

###################################################################
Service Pack Integration Finished Finished <---------

1 Error(s) Occurred
Completed in 00:01:11 hh/mm/ss (71.47 Secs) Finished <---------
stalker878

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Office Integrator