[Release] Office Integrator v1.1

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Postby bfc_xxx » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:34 am

benners wrote:If the setup program is a single msi or exe it should be. The program will also need to accept command line arguments to install unattended or you will need to click next etc.

It is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=36bac9da-1ee4-40df-b06c-a327269f2b63

It says download size: 243KB-58,8MB but I cannot download the full package. It is a setup.exe and when I execute it tries to download updates.

With "Windows Live Messenger Creator" I could install version 1.3 but version 1.4 is not included in WLM.
bfc_xxx

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:03 pm

benners, is it normal that for office 2007 the product key isn't put into the installation file?

I just tried puting in a key and when i launch the exe, the first thing i get is to enter a product key?
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby crashfly » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 am

TwoJ wrote:benners, is it normal that for office 2007 the product key isn't put into the installation file?

I just tried puting in a key and when i launch the exe, the first thing i get is to enter a product key?

It depends on how you integrated your updates. If you did it as a "direct integration", the setup *does not* save the registration key. If you did in integration as an "administrative install", then yet it will save the registration key.

Edit: Please note that the key is used for decompressing the cab files on a direct integration. Therefore yes, your key was put in so that the integration could be completed. No it is not saved.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

(It is a crying shame that too many fall apart when opening up.)
crashfly

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:17 pm

thanks crashfly

- The only choice for 2007 is to do a direct integration, the admin install is greyed out. I should be more up to date with 2007 installations, i know that 2007 did away with the admin install as in previous offices.
MS says to just copy the contents of the disk to a location and that becomes the admin install point. I was fooling around with it a little while ago, there is the office customization tool, run setup.exe /admin that lets you create a .msp.
However this method doesn't allow you do deploy by group policy since the GPO use only msi & mst, it seems you can control some of the configuration by the config.xml but when you launch the installation by the msi it only looks at a few of the configuration settings in the xml file.

According to MS it seems that for large deployments they recommend Microsoft Systems Management Server, and for smaller deployments although they really don't say, it seems like its better to
a) run it manually
b) run the setup.exe by startup script (main drawback is that there isn't much control especially considerring that its a big installation, possibly taking 30mins including updates.

If anyone has any personal experience deploying 2007 i'd love to hear it
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby gryffin53 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:51 am

TwoJ wrote:benners, is it normal that for office 2007 the product key isn't put into the installation file?

For 2007, the product key insert does not work. I requested this feature already some time ago..
At the moment I manually edit the config.xml file located in my Enterprise.WW directory.

TwoJ wrote:The only choice for 2007 is to do a direct integration, the admin install is greyed out.

It's the other way around if I'm not mistaken.. You can only do a AIP and the DI is greyed out.
gryffin53

Users Information

Postby benners » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Apologies for not being around, besides doing the uni work I have also just moved house and only setup the 'puter, I went 4 days of cold turkey without seeing a web page :eek:

bfc_xxx wrote:It is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=36bac9da-1ee4-40df-b06c-a327269f2b63

It says download size: 243KB-58,8MB but I cannot download the full package. It is a setup.exe and when I execute it tries to download updates.

With "Windows Live Messenger Creator" I could install version 1.3 but version 1.4 is not included in WLM.

If the setup for v1.4 is a web setup I can't see a method for chaining the program to run after office. There is normally a full installation source somewhere on the net

Yep it is normal and as gryffin has said he has requested it but I have been to busy to implement it I am afraid.
benners

Users Information

Postby BOTUS » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:56 pm

thanks Benners for all your hard work :) and TwoJ for making the update pack, just tried my first integration for many months.

I was wondering do I get a prize for longest ever integration :D

ISO creation successful
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creating ISO Image Finished <---------

0 Error(s) Occurred
Direct Integration Finished in 04:05:51 hh/mm/ss (14750.77 Seconds) Finished <---------
BOTUS

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:32 pm

Maybe write to santa for some hardware?
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi Benners

Seems like i've come accross some kind of bug;

I've been trying to get the office viewers packaged, i've just started with the word viewer and the english one goes fine, but then when i try it with the french it gives out an error:
Title Bar=Update Error
Contents: The selected file is not an update. Description :Mise a jour de sécurité ...

What i did was download the french word viewer, download the word viewer SP3 (KB934736) in french, and then there are 4 other updates (KB951535, KB953404, KB969614, KB972580). If you try to integrate just the SP3 it works fine, but any of those 4 hotfixes will throw up that error.

The 4 have the standard msp file inside so i'm assuming there isn't anything special about the integration?

oh also - the update problem with kb972581, ie there is no kb its just 972581, is still a bug in the viewers/compatibility integrator

Thanks
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby benners » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:22 am

TwoJ wrote:Hi Benners

Seems like i've come accross some kind of bug;

I've been trying to get the office viewers packaged, i've just started with the word viewer and the english one goes fine, but then when i try it with the french it gives out an error:
Title Bar=Update Error
Contents: The selected file is not an update. Description :Mise a jour de sécurité ...

What i did was download the french word viewer, download the word viewer SP3 (KB934736) in french, and then there are 4 other updates (KB951535, KB953404, KB969614, KB972580). If you try to integrate just the SP3 it works fine, but any of those 4 hotfixes will throw up that error.

The 4 have the standard msp file inside so i'm assuming there isn't anything special about the integration?

oh also - the update problem with kb972581, ie there is no kb its just 972581, is still a bug in the viewers/compatibility integrator

Thanks

Thanks TwoJ, it is a bug of sorts in that I only added a few keywords to check for and they were in English :mad: I have been meaning the change the hotfix check function for ages as there have been a few changes and additions, currently there are two but if I get time I aim to use just one for both Office and the CP. I will adapt the CP one so that you can select non English updates.

WRT the kb972581 problem, I can select the office2007-972581-fullfile-x86-glb.exe file using the browse function for the compatibility pack, is this what you are having problems with?.
benners

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Office Integrator