[Release] Office Integrator v1.1

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Postby benners » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:43 pm

I have started rewriting the OI. this will be version 2.0. Slow going at the mo but nibbling away at it.
benners

Users Information

Postby ChiefZeke » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:59 pm

I have copies of Office XP, 2003 and 2010 that I can dig out for testing somewhere down the line - will be awaiting your product.

Let me correct what I said above - had to go back and check my 'obsolete' box.

I have Office 2000, Office XP upgrade, Office 2003, and Office 2010 Home and Student. I figured I'd better add that info about 2010 so you know that is the only version I can check; when/if the time comes.
ChiefZeke

Users Information

Postby benners » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:47 am

ChiefZeke wrote:I have copies of Office XP, 2003 and 2010 that I can dig out for testing somewhere down the line - will be awaiting your product.

Let me correct what I said above - had to go back and check my 'obsolete' box.

I have Office 2000, Office XP upgrade, Office 2003, and Office 2010 Home and Student. I figured I'd better add that info about 2010 so you know that is the only version I can check; when/if the time comes.

Thanks Chief. Will let you know when there is a version ready for testing.
benners

Users Information

Postby ChiefZeke » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Probably wishful thinking on my part but, Office 2010 SP1 has been released and it would be nice if the new OI was capable of slipstreaming/integrating it so that all us users out here in the wilds could then create a new ISO and burn a new CD/DVD that was Office 2010 w/SP1.

Given Microsoft's latest decision to not allow 'slipstreaming' in Vista/Win7 I'm assuming the latest Office versions are also hampered in a similar way.

After I wrote my wish I did a search and - ta da - slipstreaming: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/office/slipstream-office-2010-service-pack-1-139664 - could help in improving the OI - have to try it out and see what I get.
ChiefZeke

Users Information

Postby benners » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:03 pm

ChiefZeke wrote:Probably wishful thinking on my part but, Office 2010 SP1 has been released and it would be nice if the new OI was capable of slipstreaming/integrating it so that all us users out here in the wilds could then create a new ISO and burn a new CD/DVD that was Office 2010 w/SP1.

Given Microsoft's latest decision to not allow 'slipstreaming' in Vista/Win7 I'm assuming the latest Office versions are also hampered in a similar way.

After I wrote my wish I did a search and - ta da - slipstreaming: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/office/slipstream-office-2010-service-pack-1-139664 - could help in improving the OI - have to try it out and see what I get.

Well now would be the time for requests and thanks for the link. Looking at the link you sent, there seems to be nothing different than what is already performed for 2007. The article describes creating x86\updates and x64\updates folders within the folder tree. What happens to the updates folder already present?.

Sorting the updates to x86 and x64 is not a problem as the OI is able to distinguish between them now, and if the setup.exe checks for these folders I can create them as a norm and bypass the updates folder that is already there.
benners

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:04 am

I think the person who wrote the article is not using 'slipstream' in the real sense that the updated binaries replace the older binaries, as was posibble in office 2003 and prior, and Windows 2003 and prior. From Vista, 7, Office 2007, Office 2010 i haven't seen any method (officially or non-officially) to slipstream these products. The only way has to put the updates within the 'update' folder on the source and when the program installs it applies these updates after the installation of the orginal product.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby ChiefZeke » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:17 pm

The way I read the article was to extract SP1 and move/copy the files to the already created \Updates folder under the x86 or x64 folder. Same place I was putting TwoJ's hotfixes/hotpacks.[color="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

[/color]
benners wrote:Well now would be the time for requests

Am planning on trying to compile suggestions of what I would like to see in the new OI - long weekend here: 4th of July (Freedom from the Brits remember).
ChiefZeke

Users Information

Postby BOTUS » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:04 am

Hi Guys, just built a Office 2003 disk using DI method with TwoJ's Nov 2011 hotpack and comp pack using integrator 1.121

thanks for everyones hard work.

just in case it helps anyone, for some reason I had a few issues but ran through 3rd time doing exactly the same thing. First 2 times crashed out, first one installing hotpack step 15/26. Next time at step 10/26 couldn't write to temp file or something and REBOOTED my PC !!!. After this checked if the hotpack had correct file hashes (it did) today I was going to try an old pack to see if that worked but I had thrown out the previous release and only had one from Feb 2011. So I thought third time lucky....

2011-11-19 17:12:57 : Done: PHEW!!!, Having a Beer
2011-11-19 17:14:06 : 0 Error(s) Occurred
strange... only things I remember different. Previous 2 times I had Internet Explorer 8 open and this time NAS drive was on
BOTUS

Users Information

Postby BOTUS » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 am

Hi Guys, as above... same problems, crashing out and REBOOTING the whole PC whilst integrating the hotfixes. 3 times in a row, first was on hotifx 15 then 9 then 11

Processing (11/27): IRMPRTIDNMinus1.msp...
########## <ERROR #1>

Always worked faultlessly on same PC with same Antivirus software till episode above (did nothing different and it worked then). This time round in thew end I moved all the exact same files to a faster PC (that had no AV on it) and worked first time. Can't quite believe AVG free says 1.121 office integrator is a virus. I had forgotten on that PC it sits in a folder I excluded from AGV
BOTUS

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi BOTUS

Sorry for your troubles but some AV (actually most) are really overzealous - i try to do all my work on a VM that has no AV and hardly any other software to interfer with it.
TwoJ

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Office Integrator