[Release] Office Integrator v1.1

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Postby TwoJ » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:59 am

You're a real programmer! - <damn, i knew i forgot to change that!, so now the choice update or minor release???>
- Nevertheless your work is really appreciated - but i think my wife doesn't like you too much - oh well hard to please everyone :-)

The 972581 issue is apparent if you take the excel viewer and then try to load in the updates, the 972581 hotfix won't appear (at least on mine with the .20 release) without adding the KB to it, ie kb972581.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby benners » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:16 pm

TwoJ wrote:You're a real programmer! - <damn, i knew i forgot to change that!, so now the choice update or minor release???>
- Nevertheless your work is really appreciated - but i think my wife doesn't like you too much - oh well hard to please everyone :-)

The 972581 issue is apparent if you take the excel viewer and then try to load in the updates, the 972581 hotfix won't appear (at least on mine with the .20 release) without adding the KB to it, ie kb972581.

I try. I have moved on from creating the OI and have scaled things up and I am now creating Digit Pyramids :p .

I have attached a test build. I have tried with the French word viewer and updates and have successfully integrated them. I also added a screenie as I still cannot reproduce the problem with 972581
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benners

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:32 pm

damn you - more work :p

Hey quick question - what program (or just reg entries) are you using for modifing the locations entries on your 'open file' windows, ie you have newsgroups, xpdvd
thanks!

ok the 21 release fixes the 972581 issue, on the .20 release it was just showing in the file selection box *kb*fullfile, and not *kb*fullfile;*fullfile*;
speaking of which isn't that redundent? *kb*fullfile* will always be a subset of *fullfile*, no?
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby benners » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:13 pm

TwoJ wrote:damn you - more work :p

Hey quick question - what program (or just reg entries) are you using for modifing the locations entries on your 'open file' windows, ie you have newsgroups, xpdvd
thanks!

ok the 21 release fixes the 972581 issue, on the .20 release it was just showing in the file selection box *kb*fullfile, and not *kb*fullfile;*fullfile*;
speaking of which isn't that redundent? *kb*fullfile* will always be a subset of *fullfile*, no?

For the dialog boxes i.e open file etc I used TweakUI (common dialog - places bar) to modify the entries. I noted the reg entries that were created or modified and when installing XP they are added during the installation.

You are correct regarding the fullfile statement. I will change it before release. I will try to update the hotfix links before release of build 21\22.

benners

Users Information

Postby dolivas27 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 pm

benners Thanks for all you work on this and before you release the update could you check this texts I think it has a spelling error but not sure?

The Text is in the Config 1 (Tab) under (Display) when you select (Base-) it has this text (/qb-) - Display as basic and Suppress all modal dialog boxes

The word I think is spelled wrong is modal ? or not be there at all?

I think it should say

Display as basic and Suppress all dialog boxes

Also thanks to TwoJ for all his hard work also much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean
dolivas27

Users Information

Postby benners » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:33 pm

dolivas27 wrote:benners Thanks for all you work on this and before you release the update could you check this texts I think it has a spelling error but not sure?

The Text is in the Config 1 (Tab) under (Display) when you select (Base-) it has this text (/qb-) - Display as basic and Suppress all modal dialog boxes

The word I think is spelled wrong is modal ? or not be there at all?

I think it should say

Display as basic and Suppress all dialog boxes

Also thanks to TwoJ for all his hard work also much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean

I can do that. for the descriptions I used some of the text from the MS website here
benners

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:51 am

Well 21 is having better success, it integrates the french Powerpoint, visio, and word but it has a problem on excel, i've attached the log file, it seems the french excel is different from the english.

Also the french PowerPoint i can't start, and the french visio information is all in english, now this may be because i'm testing it on a english vm, but usually like in the case of Word, it installs fine and just gives the UI as french.

thanks benners
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby hclarkjr » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:09 pm

thank you for the integrator, worked great on my office 2007 pro plus.
hclarkjr

Users Information

Postby beats » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:22 am

TwoJ wrote:If anyone has any personal experience deploying 2007 i'd love to hear it

I was just toying around with this last week, and found that you can deploy Office 2007 via GPO. As with previous versions, you can specify the msi file in "Computer Configuration > Software Settings > Software Installation". Make sure you select the correct file. For Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 for example, select "Enterprise.WW\EnterpriseWW.msi". Use "assigned" and specify your MSP file(s) as well (if any). For more information, see the Office Resource Kit, which describes the procedure from page 79 and following. ;)
beats

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:34 pm

beats wrote:I was just toying around with this last week, and found that you can deploy Office 2007 via GPO. As with previous versions, you can specify the msi file in "Computer Configuration > Software Settings > Software Installation". Make sure you select the correct file. For Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 for example, select "Enterprise.WW\EnterpriseWW.msi". Use "assigned" and specify your MSP file(s) as well (if any). For more information, see the Office Resource Kit, which describes the procedure from page 79 and following. ;)

Hi beats
Thanks, but as i stated previously, i know you can deploy office by msi, but unlike previous editions of office (ie XP & 2003), the 2007 version integrates the office customization tool into the office 2007 setup (setup.exe /admin), which produces a msp and not a mst as with previous versions, and as far as i know you can't apply a msp file only a mst in group policy.

Also Office 2007 doesn't have a 'Office resource kit' as in previous versions, most of their stuff is online. You can check their technet stuff here;
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178982.aspx
As well as their downloadable book 'Deployment for the 2007 Office release' June 2009
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79593&clcid=0x409

It is certainly a very annoying thing about microsoft the way they set things up so that you need to change deployment scenarios with each different program and version, and instead of becoming more convergent in deployment they continue to diverge...rant...rant...rant.. :mad:
TwoJ

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Office Integrator