Page 2 of 26

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:22 am
by ChiefZeke
Today, 06 Jan 2010 a new Office Compatibility Pack was posted by Microsoft - it includes SP2 - still called FileFormatConverters.exe but is about 10Mb larger than previous. :D [color="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

[/color]New Office Compatibility Pack posted today - includes SP2 :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 am
by benners
ChiefZeke wrote:Today, 06 Jan 2010 a new Office Compatibility Pack was posted by Microsoft - it includes SP2 - still called FileFormatConverters.exe but is about 10Mb larger than previous. :D [color="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

[/color]New Office Compatibility Pack posted today - includes SP2 :D


Thanks Chief. I have installed it and checked MU and it also seems to replace the 4 updates, KB969613, KB969618, KB972581 and KB973704.
I had to uninstall Office 2007 to test so it wasn't a clean system, but there were no reg entries for the updates.

I don't have access currently to a clean system so if someone can confirm this is the case I will upsate the help file.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:37 pm
by galileo
@benners

Did an integration of O2K3 (using your list of December updates) and chained the new O2K7 FileFormatConverters. Installed flawlessly to a fresh XP Pro installation...NO Office Updates show up for the FileFormat Converters. Only one update showed up for the O2K3 installation.

This would appear to confirm your experience as well. Looks like we might have a new baseline for the FileFormatConverters... :)

Thanks for your ongoing head banging... ;)

galileo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:32 am
by benners
galileo wrote:@benners

Did an integration of O2K3 (using your list of December updates) and chained the new O2K7 FileFormatConverters. Installed flawlessly to a fresh XP Pro installation...NO Office Updates show up for the FileFormat Converters. Only one update showed up for the O2K3 installation.

This would appear to confirm your experience as well. Looks like we might have a new baseline for the FileFormatConverters... :)

Thanks for your ongoing head banging... ;)

galileo


Thanks galileo, now MS just need to do this for other Office software, Office 2003 SP4 especially :p

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:02 am
by galileo
benners wrote:Thanks galileo, now MS just need to do this for other Office software, Office 2003 SP4 especially :p


Hear Hear !!! (...hoists glass too quickly...spills beer all over self...) :eek:

galileo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:39 pm
by TwoJ
Updated to 2010-01-15

As ChiefZeke discovered and confirmed by others, the new version of the Office Compatibility Pack doesn't require any updates as of this date. I've posted it so that you can do all your online Office update shopping in one convenient place :D

The orginal post also now includes how to do a silent install with the new OCP

Thanks to those who posted on this new one!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:00 pm
by TwoJ
Verified to 2010-02-10

No new updates

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:49 pm
by TwoJ
Updated to 2010-03-11

- Looks like we're back to the msi packages as we have the first update for the OCP. It was nice while it lasted :p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:45 pm
by TwoJ
Updated to 2010-04-20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 am
by mozky
you may have it in Spanish? thank you very much