Error:The selected file is not an Office setup file

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Error:The selected file is not an Office setup file

Postby quest221 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:01 am

When I use Office Integrator to integrate office2003 Chinese version, the error occured, it shows "The selected file is not an Office setup file"

I download many office.iso from internet, got the same error

need help, thanks!!!!
quest221

Users Information

Postby benners » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:11 am

quest221 wrote:When I use Office Integrator to integrate office2003 Chinese version, the error occured, it shows "The selected file is not an Office setup file"

I download many office.iso from internet, got the same error

need help, thanks!!!!

Are you using v1.0 of the Office Integrator?, if so when you right click on the setup file what does the description say on the General tab?.
benners

Users Information

Postby quest221 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:17 am

Hi, I just use 1.0 version

And I succeed to integrate office2003 English version use 1.0 version

General tab for Chinese Version is a Chinese word, and I think it's the same meanning with english version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quest221

Users Information

Postby benners » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:00 am

quest221 wrote:Hi, I just use 1.0 version

And I succeed to integrate office2003 English version use 1.0 version

General tab for Chinese Version is a Chinese word, and I think it's the same meanning with english version.

Thanks for the pictures, I will need to change some code to work with the Chinese version, when checking the selected program the file description is read and looks for 'Setup Bootstrapper' in the description, with your version it is in Chinese
benners

Users Information

Postby quest221 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:16 am

benners wrote:Thanks for the pictures, I will need to change some code to work with the Chinese version, when checking the selected program the file description is read and looks for 'Setup Bootstrapper' in the description, with your version it is in Chinese

Thank your support!!

So the new version of OI will support Chinese language?
quest221

Users Information

Postby benners » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:24 am

quest221 wrote:Thank your support!!

So the new version of OI will support Chinese language?

I have added another check to the code that if 'Setup Bootstrapper' is not found in the files description it looks for 'Microsoft' so it should allow selection of your file. As for anything else during the process I can't say for sure.
benners

Users Information

Postby quest221 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:45 am

so where is the download link for the OI you changed??
quest221

Users Information

Postby quest221 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:30 am

Hi,

I use ResHacker to modify the Chinese version setup file, change the Chinese words to "Setup Bootstrapper", and the OI succeed to load the setup file.

But I got the same problem when I add hotfixes to OI, it's very hard to modify hundreds of hotfixes with ResHacker. :mad:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quest221

Users Information

Postby benners » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:23 am

quest221 wrote:Hi,

I use ResHacker to modify the Chinese version setup file, change the Chinese words to "Setup Bootstrapper", and the OI succeed to load the setup file.

But I got the same problem when I add hotfixes to OI, it's very hard to modify hundreds of hotfixes with ResHacker. :mad:

I PM'ed you a link for the latest build so you won't have to edit the setup but for the hotfixes it is the same thing, the description is read and based on text found it either allows or denies.

Do all your hotfixes have Office in the description?, because if they do I can add that string to the check. It is done this way to idiot proof it to some extent and so as not to mix service packs with Hotfixes. Just out of curiosity what is the description for the service pack.

Cheers.
benners

Users Information

Postby quest221 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:13 am

benners wrote:I PM'ed you a link for the latest build so you won't have to edit the setup but for the hotfixes it is the same thing, the description is read and based on text found it either allows or denies.

Do all your hotfixes have Office in the description?, because if they do I can add that string to the check. It is done this way to idiot proof it to some extent and so as not to mix service packs with Hotfixes. Just out of curiosity what is the description for the service pack.

Cheers.

all my hotfixes are the same description, but the service pack is ok, the description is English, not Chinese.

So the new version will solve the setup and hotfix problem???

I just tried, the OI you send to me can't open the Chinese setup, look forward to the new version,hope it can slove these problem(I guess the OI only fit for English setup, any other language may have the same problem with me)
quest221

Users Information

Next

Return to Office Integrator