Office 2003 Standard

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Office 2003 Standard

Postby galileo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:23 pm

First off: A thank you to Siginet for both Integrator tools !!! :D

I just tried out the Office Integrator and did not have a successful integration. As might be inferred by the thread title, I was attempting an integration of O2K3 Standard with O2K3 SP3 and with SOI_Office11SP3_Suite-HotPack_8.03.1.7z

I received an error as the integration of SP3 was beginning regarding silent mode being supported only in the Enterprise Edition. It appeared that the SP3 integration failed at that point - given that there was essentially no time between the error dialog box and the beginning of the HotPack integration. The log file does not indicate the success or failure of the service pack. The OI log file indicated that the HotPack had numerous failures - undoubtedly due to SP3 not completing.

I have a few questions regarding the applicability Office Integrator:

Does the Office Integrator support using "non-Enterprise" sources of Office 2003 - since these versions do not support an Administrative Install...?

If non-Enterprise versions are intended to be supported, does/should the silent switch need to be removed...?

Lastly, the CD key must be entered during the setup (...Administrative Install...) - is this key cleared out before OI finishes...? If not can the key be cleared out so that the integrated source can be employed in general use...?

Thanks for your time in developing OI....!!!
galileo

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:31 am

galileo wrote:First off: A thank you to Siginet for both Integrator tools !!! :D

I just tried out the Office Integrator and did not have a successful integration. As might be inferred by the thread title, I was attempting an integration of O2K3 Standard with O2K3 SP3 and with SOI_Office11SP3_Suite-HotPack_8.03.1.7z

I received an error as the integration of SP3 was beginning regarding silent mode being supported only in the Enterprise Edition. It appeared that the SP3 integration failed at that point - given that there was essentially no time between the error dialog box and the beginning of the HotPack integration. The log file does not indicate the success or failure of the service pack. The OI log file indicated that the HotPack had numerous failures - undoubtedly due to SP3 not completing.

I have a few questions regarding the applicability Office Integrator:

Does the Office Integrator support using "non-Enterprise" sources of Office 2003 - since these versions do not support an Administrative Install...?

If non-Enterprise versions are intended to be supported, does/should the silent switch need to be removed...?

Lastly, the CD key must be entered during the setup (...Administrative Install...) - is this key cleared out before OI finishes...? If not can the key be cleared out so that the integrated source can be employed in general use...?

Thanks for your time in developing OI....!!!

There is another method of integration in the works which involved Direct Integration. Sort of like my RVM Integrator does. ;) With direct integration there should be no problem. Microsofts normal method of slipstreaming hotfixes involves using administrative installs. As far as I know ... when you use a product key to create an admin install it is a part of the install. I don't know of a method to remove it.

The next version of the Office Integrator is going to be released very soon. Developed by benners and I. It will not have direct integration support in it yet... but we plan on adding direct integration support in the version after the next release. We allready have made progress on the direct integration... but it may take some time before it is finished. Therefore I decided we will make a release before we finishe the direct integration support.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Return to Office Integrator