[UPDATE] Office11 (2003) Post SP3 HotPack - English

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Postby benners » Tue May 12, 2009 4:36 am

user_hidden wrote:doesn't work with IE8 !
had to go manually via ftp.

ftp://thewatchtower.org.uk
login: HotPacks@thewatchtower.org.uk
pswd: HotPacks

Yep I signed up a while ago for some webspace with the intention of using it to have a database of the required Updates for the OI but never got around to it.

This is the only space I have that doesn't have a 50MB limit. I struggled to get a web page working so the links could just be d/l able (not clued up on that sort of thing) and the easiest was FTP. Tried to provide a link as most folks can't\won't use FTP software or you have to explain it so just got the link. Maybe there is something in IE that can be changed to accept the link as FF automatically starts the connection and displays the links to the files.
benners

Users Information

Postby klob77 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:40 am

Thanks guys. I have IE8 as well and couldn't get it to work. When I hovered over the Hotpacks link, it shows nothing with IE8, but all is good now with Firefox. Thanks again. :D
klob77

Users Information

Postby gjack » Wed May 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Opera 9.64 does not have any problems with Hotpack link as well.
Security Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 (KB957784) is available since 12/05/2009.
gjack

Users Information

Postby benners » Thu May 14, 2009 12:20 am

gjack wrote:Opera 9.64 does not have any problems with Hotpack link as well.
Security Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 (KB957784) is available since 12/05/2009.

Thanks. Stupid IE, it licks Donkey balls :) .

Thanks for the patch info, prolly be one for the viewer as well, so close after SP2
benners

Users Information

Postby graza1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:59 pm

benners wrote:Thanks. Stupid IE, it licks Donkey balls :) .

Thanks for the patch info, prolly be one for the viewer as well, so close after SP2

Thank for update Pack for Office 2003.

Is it complete i.e. upto june 2009 or some updates are missing.

Thanksssssss
graza1

Users Information

Postby benners » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:44 pm

graza1 wrote:Thank for update Pack for Office 2003.

Is it complete i.e. upto june 2009 or some updates are missing.

Thanksssssss

The HotPacks I have posted links to are not up to date. I think they are missing the June updates. The idea was to post HotPacks that were compatible with the new update feature of the OI so that people could then update the HotPacks themselves. Others who have kindly created HotPacks such as TwoJ and gryffin53 do not always have the time to update them right after every update so this feature was for those people who needed an up to date Office before they (HotPacks) were released.

You can also use it to add updates that are language or problem specific as I only check for updates related to the English Office. Another example would be the latest update for KB957784. The update from the link is different than the one MU installs so it shows up on MU. To get around this you can get the msp that MU installs and update the HotPack with it.
benners

Users Information

Postby sho_gun » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 am

FYI: The file name is the same but the file downloaded now for KB957784 is a diffferent size and it clears MU fine.
sho_gun

Users Information

Postby pepoluan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:21 am

I can't login to the FTP site with provided credentials. Even with an FTP client, it just won't login. Got this error: < 530 Login authentication failed

@benners: If you want, I can provide an FTP space in my personal website. I'll just create you an FTP user. Please PM me if you're interested.
pepoluan

Users Information

Postby benners » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:22 am

pepoluan wrote:I can't login to the FTP site with provided credentials. Even with an FTP client, it just won't login. Got this error: < 530 Login authentication failed

@benners: If you want, I can provide an FTP space in my personal website. I'll just create you an FTP user. Please PM me if you're interested.

I didn't renew the subscription to the hosting as I never got around to using it fully. Thanks for the offer on the FTP. I think I will ask Siginet for some space that people can just d/l the files from. A lot of people said that the FTP didn't work correctly with IE so if there is a web page link it will be easier.

I intend to try to keep the HotPacks updated but still busy with other things :(
benners

Users Information

Post SP3 hotpack

Postby klob77 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:58 am

Could some please upload their Post SP3 hotpack. I know that some of you have been privately maintaining this. If someone could upload their hotpack, it would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks in advance.
klob77

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to Office Integrator