any method to edit office setup file?

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

any method to edit office setup file?

Postby quest221 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:04 am

I wonder how to edit setup file or other to change the install option for office2003, I don't need some component in office, and every time I have to disable it when I installed. Can I modify some file to do a pre-disable what I don't want.

For example:I don't need Alternative User Input, Microsoft Handwriting Component, how can I do when I click next to the customization step, they are already disabled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quest221

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:42 am

You need to get the 'ork' for Office 2003;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4bb7cb10-a6e5-4334-8925-3bcf308cfbaf&displaylang=en

This will allow you to customize the install of offfice 2003, add componentss/ remove, modify, etc.

After the modifications it will create a mst file, which are the transforms that will be applied to the msi file of your office version.

Alternatively if you are in a active directory domain you can use group policies to change that stuff as well i believe
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby quest221 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:23 pm

TwoJ wrote:You need to get the 'ork' for Office 2003;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4bb7cb10-a6e5-4334-8925-3bcf308cfbaf&displaylang=en

This will allow you to customize the install of offfice 2003, add componentss/ remove, modify, etc.

After the modifications it will create a mst file, which are the transforms that will be applied to the msi file of your office version.

Alternatively if you are in a active directory domain you can use group policies to change that stuff as well i believe

Great Thanks!

But how do I use the MST file when I burn the office to a CD?

“setup.exe TRANSFORMS=D:\Office-test\OfficeEN\CustomSetupFile.MST /qb-”,I want to change the path to the CD.
quest221

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 pm

pmshahFeb 2 2007, 11:08 AM
In stead of editing the config file every time there is a change in the installation file I simply run a cmd file. I include the following lines to start in the background & determine the cdrom drive letter.

cmdow @ /hid
for %%i in (Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L K J I H G F E D C) do if exist %%i:\XXXX_YYYY set CDROM=%%i:

You can replace the XXXX_YYYY with any valid file name.

No need for any fancy scripting. If any changes are required I simply edit the cmd file. That includes all the reg entries etc that may be required.

Put that into a installoffice.cmd and launch it from the CD, it should do the trick
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby benners » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:13 am

quest221 wrote:Great Thanks!

But how do I use the MST file when I burn the office to a CD?

“setup.exe TRANSFORMS=D:\Office-test\OfficeEN\CustomSetupFile.MST /qb-”,I want to change the path to the CD.

On the Config 1 tab of the Integrator you can select MST files to apply to the main setup. The required edits to the setup.ini file are made by the program for more info read the help file.

That said with not replacing the setup.exe anymore the current build will not work as the paths are relative to the exe. I have done the code change and I am just testing so look for a release in a couple of days.
benners

Users Information

Return to Office Integrator