[Request] Office 2003 Post Update Pack...

Slipstreams Office Servicepacks, hotfixes and custom HotPacks into your Office 2003 Suite. It also creates a reg file with needed entries to satisfy Microsoft Update.

Postby khan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:24 am

Siginet wrote:B. Use winrar or another extraction tool to extract the contents from the hotfix.

C. Within the extracted files you should see one or more *.msp files and a ohotfix.ini open the ohotfix.ini in notepad and look for the section [OHotfix], find the Key MessageTitle, and copy the Value from it.
Example:
MessageTitle=Security Update for Publisher 2003 (KB894542)

Now for each *.msp file you need to have them listed in the [DBInfo] section of your new ohotfix.ini with the value you copied from the hotfixes specific ohotfix.ini.

3. Once you have added all of your hotfixes you just place each *.msp and your new ohotfix.ini into an archive with the name "HotPack" in it. Your archive can be either *HotPack*.7z, *HotPack*.zip, *HotPack*.rar or *HotPack*.cab.

That's it. Is that simple enough?

What a terrific work...!
Fairly Very Simple and logically correct .... ;)
The idea of Extracting hotfixes and grab the *.msp files and ohotfix.ini valuses is really awesome. This will make the entire HOTPACK very clean... :eek:

I may not add the ability to download the entire online database to your computer upon executing the officeintegrator.exe until version 0.4.

Its ok...But I think the Integrator should at least point it out that is Connected with your database or not.... :rolleyes:

btw,Will you provide HOTPACKs with O2K3 Integrator ? Or we should make them ourselves... :)

anyway I hope this will increase your forum traffic soon...
Waiting for the Next version of the Integrator....
khan

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:48 pm

Yes I will provide an english HotPack when I release v0.3. :D I will keep the english version updated the best I can as soon as new hotfixes are released as well. :D

I think I will have to have a website made for the Office Integrator soon as well. ;)
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby odyn1982 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:43 am

I've made a polish HotPack with all 16 post SP2 hotfixes that I found on MU.I slipstreamed them into admin install. Office Update site was clear and after adding registry entries Microsoft Update also doesn't show new updates :)
Now I'm waiting for new release to test this HotPack ;)
I uploaded polish reg entries here:download link
odyn1982

Users Information

Previous

Return to Office Integrator