mr_smartepants wrote:The problem is not with the addon or your XP source, but with RVMI itself.
Have you altered the addon? The MD5 doesn't match the download page. But if you added anything, the MD5 would have changed, so not to worry.
Have you tried using the latest beta? RVM_Integrator_1.6.1b2.1.exe
Move the RVM_Integrator_1.6.exe to a new folder "test". Just the .exe, not any .ini files or subfolders. Then execute RVMI from the new location "test".
This will start RVMI fresh with no corrupted cache or .ini to worry about. RVMI will rebuild the folder structure and start with a blank .ini.
Make all your selections again and see if that fixes it.
Sometimes RVMI gets something stuck in its throat and needs this Heimlich maneuver to clear it.
Hi, thanks for your prompt response.
I only altered the addon by adding the appropriate OEMBios files, and inserting SLP keys, that's it.
I will try the latest beta now, and I will also try building using a Vista machine later today, and I will even try building directly from a CD (as opposed to a ripped folder).
I'll let you know how it turns out, thanks again![color="Silver"]---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------
[/color]Just tried the beta, and I get the same error message. Tried moving the original 1.6 version into a new folder, and still get the error.[color="Silver"]---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------
[/color]Ok this is really weird...I moved all files around to a lower folder structure (closer to C:\ drive) and I used the unaltered OEMscan .7z file...success
- Code: Select all
Log Startup @ 11:05:33 local time, on April 23, 2010.
Running OS: WIN_XP Service Pack 3 X86
11:05:45 - English - Windows XP Home x86 - OEM SP3 Found
11:06:49 - Source Drive = C:\ISOs\XPHOMESP3CONTENTSFOROEMSCAN
11:06:49 - Destination Drive = C:\ISOs\XPHOMESP3CONTENTSFOROEMSCAN
11:06:49 - Destination Size = 21.84 GB
11:06:49 - Working Directory = C:\ISOs\XPHOMESP3CONTENTSFOROEMSCAN\I386
11:06:49 - Temp Directory = C:\ISOs\XPHOMESP3CONTENTSFOROEMSCAN\I386\rvmtemp
11:06:49 - Starting Integration
11:06:49 - Checking Destination For OS Type.
11:06:49 - English - Windows XP Home x86 - OEM SP3 Found
11:06:50 - Extracting OEMSCAN_1.4.1_MR_SMARTEPANTS_ADDON_MULTIOEM_188.8.131.52z
11:06:57 - MD5 Hash = d0f641e34f6a8532b00939cb538ebddc
11:06:57 - Clearing any Read Only Attributes.
11:07:17 - Gathering temp files
11:07:18 - Processing new .CAT files found in SVCPACK
11:07:18 - Shifting Stuff Around
11:07:36 - 133 Files Moved in 17 Seconds
11:07:36 - Analyzing 1 Entry Files
11:07:36 - Processing OEMSCAN 1.4.1 Addon for multi-system installs v1.8.5/mr_smartepants Build Date: 2010/04/04
11:07:37 - Gathering [DirMove] Entries
11:07:37 - Preparing System Files...
11:07:37 - sysoc.inf
11:07:37 - svcpack.inf
11:07:37 - dosnet.inf
11:07:37 - txtsetup.sif
11:07:46 - Processing Sysoc.inf
11:07:46 - Processing svcpack.inf
11:07:46 - Processing dosnet.inf
11:07:46 - Processing txtsetup.sif
11:07:50 - Compressing Files ASMS...
11:07:57 - Processing [EditFile]
11:07:58 - Moving Files Found In OEMSCAN 1.4.1 Addon for multi-system installs
11:07:58 - Moving Directories
11:08:04 - Entire .ini Processing Completed in 27 Seconds
11:08:04 - Compressing and Moving Edited Files
11:08:04 - Cleaning Up.
11:08:20 - Integration Completed.
11:08:20 - Total Integration Time = 90 Seconds
11:08:20 - ==================================================================================
Now I'll try the EXACT same thing, but using my altered (added OEMbios files and SLP keys) OEMscan .7z file.[color="Silver"]---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------
[/color]Just a note,
C:\ISOs\XPHOMESP3CONTENTSFOROEMSCAN is a untouched rip of the Windows XP Home SP3 OEM CD contents.
For each test/trial I did, I replaced the contents of this folder with a fresh copy off the Windows CD, so it has been untouched with RVM Integrator. (To eliminate variables)
So I did the exact same thing as last time, using version 1.6 of the integrator, and this time I get the error message. So, something is telling me it's my OEMSCAN_1.4.1_MR_SMARTEPANTS_ADDON_MULTIOEM_1.8.5 file that has something wrong with it, because if I leave the file untouched (unmodified) it works fine with integration, but if I add my OEMbios files and keys, it gives me the error message. Argh!