HP OEM SP2 to SP3 ?

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

HP OEM SP2 to SP3 ?

Postby khan » Sat May 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Hello...

We have HP Computers in our office, all of them are running XP SP2, we just have two disks (HP Restore Disk and XP SP2 OS Disk) I don't know if I integrate SP3 to XP SP2 HP OEM disk, Can anyone knows ?
I am curious becoz the installation method is totally different.
we first put the HP restore disk then after few minutes it asks for XP SP2.

Confusing :cry:

khan

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sat May 16, 2009 10:31 pm

It's possible. Depending on the layout of the second XP disc. There's a thread over at MSFN that details instructions on updating an OEM disc like yours. But I can't remember where it's located. Search is your friend.
If it's a standard layout, RVMI may be able to slipstream SP3 into it. I wouldn't use Nlite because it'll neuter any unattended settings HP put in there.

Your other alternative, is to get hold of a hologramed OEM XP disc and build your own unattended install. My OEMSCAN addon or Siginets' would work perfect in that scenario.

Sorry to not be more help. Please report back with your success/failures.

Question also posted here:
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7244
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby khan » Sun May 17, 2009 6:35 am

The HP OEM XP SP2 CD Contains the i386 folder, but it also has some batch scripting,
I think that HP OEM XP SP2 CD is not suitable for Regular XP Installation because if you read the cover which clearly says "ONLY FOR USE WITH RESTORE CD" that means both CD's will work combine.
Actually , What HP did is to make two seperate disks, 1st disk is HP Restore disk which contains the Hardware Drivers of that particular machine Model like we have (HP XW8400) Workstation.
and the second CD is XP Pro SP2 which contains i386 directory and the Batch Script which finds the driver files which has been copied from HP Restore disk.
I think SP3 integration will cause errors and the restore plus cd also contains Old hardware drivers, HP has download support for drivers for their Machines.

HP xw8400 Workstation

I Will go with the alternate solution. I am familiar with RyanVM's UpdatePacks, Integrator , Nlite so it will not quite difficult for me.
Unfortunately, I don't have hologramed OEM XP Disk.

I only have a Windows XP SP3 Corporate/VLK CD which i am using at home.
khan

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun May 17, 2009 6:41 am

khan wrote:I only have a Windows XP SP3 Corporate/VLK CD which i am using at home.

Well, in that case why not use RogueSpears VLK to OEM converter addon?
http://www.doitrightconsulting.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=180 (bottom of first post).
I've used it in the past, and it works well.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby khan » Sun May 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Yeh I am thinking to do that.

mr_smartepants, I just grabbed the HP OEM SLP Key (by using Keyfinder program) from running Windows XP SP2.

I have two questions.

1) Does XP SP3 will except the same key after integrating VLK to OEM Convertor Addon and OEMSCAN_ADDON_HPCOMPAQ_1.3 ?

2) We have multiple HP computers so I don't want seperate CDs for each system, can i use fake or Demo SLP key in Winnt.sif file, once i finshed the installation i will replace that key with the real key?
khan

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun May 17, 2009 8:43 pm

khan wrote:1) Will XP SP3 accept the OEM key after integrating VLK to OEM Converter Addon and OEMSCAN_ADDON_HPCOMPAQ_1.3 ?

2) We have multiple HP computers so I don't want seperate CDs for each system, can i use fake or Demo SLP key in Winnt.sif file, once i finshed the installation i will replace that key with the real key?

1) Yes. That one key should pre-activate any HP computer you install on. :)
2) You could, but why not use your real key instead?

I would also humbly suggest you use my oemscan addon. ;) It's more of a 'sledgehammer' but it's modular and you can extend it to pre-activate multiple types of OEM.

Let us know how everything works for you.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby khan » Sun May 17, 2009 11:59 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:I would also humbly suggest you use my oemscan addon. It's more of a 'sledgehammer' but it's modular and you can extend it to pre-activate multiple types of OEM.

Fortunately I found MSDN OEM XP SP3 :D and the first time i will integrate just HP OEM by using Roguespears HP Addon because it has OEMLOGO, OEMINFO.INI files. I dono why siginet did not put them... :o

Your Multi OEM Addon is a dam boom, I just download that ;)
I wan't to customise that addon by deleting some of the brands which we never use here our country. iz it safe ?

It will be a pleasure if you also provide OEMBIOS files. we don't have access to download torrents. If you or someone upload them here at this server please...

thanks for your help. :)
khan

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Mon May 18, 2009 12:57 am

khan wrote:I wan't to customise that addon by deleting some of the brands which we never use here our country. iz it safe ?

It's perfectly safe! :) Delete everything you don't want.

So you can't download any files from http://www.oembios.net? :confused:
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby khan » Mon May 18, 2009 6:14 am

mr_smartepants wrote:So you can't download any files from http://www.oembios.net? :confused:

yes, unfortunately i don't have access to to download files from http://www.oembios.net. They are torrents which are restricted by our Internet Provider.

Can you please upload the OEM files for these Brand.

Acer
Asus
Dell
HP
Hitachi
IBM
NEC
Samsung
Sony
Toshiba

Most common brands :)

Thanks in advance.
khan

Users Information

Postby gospeed.racer » Mon May 18, 2009 7:06 am

I will upload them, and post the link in a bit. i dont have a great connection so it may be a little bit. I am missing a couple from your list, maybe others can help fill in:
Hitachi
NEC

Give this a shot. Sorry, there is a 10 download limit....
http://rapidshare.com/files/234446955/request.zip.html
MD5: 06453AAB0362C6BC800A8EFD025FD2FC
gospeed.racer

Users Information

Next

Return to The OEM A.C.T.