HP OEM SP2 to SP3 ?

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Postby mr_smartepants » Mon May 18, 2009 9:21 am

khan wrote:Can you please upload the OEM files for these Brand.

You got PM. ;)
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby khan » Mon May 18, 2009 1:05 pm

You guys are marvelous :)

Let me face a new barrier beause VMware officially does not support OEM Install. I will reply back after gettting results... :)

Thanks again...!!
khan

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Wed May 20, 2009 9:56 am

The best way to test in vmware is on a system that will pre-activate normally. Then you can edit the vmware config file in a way to use the systems slp information in vmware.

Code: Select all
SMBIOS.reflectHost = TRUE
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby khan » Wed May 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks Siginet, I did successful XPSP3 OEM Install last night, i used a spear hardrive and performed reall instal, Now I am looking to integrate HP xw8400 drivers, I don't want to use Driverpacks for some reasons. I want HP Official xw8400 drivers Download. Is there a way to integrate these drivers into WindowsXP HP OEM SP3 just for HP xw8400 Workstation?
khan

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 pm

khan wrote: Is there a way to integrate these drivers into WindowsXP HP OEM SP3 just for HP xw8400 Workstation?

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/34/SESSID=b15ce7a34e7ba25edbebe5e10fd1021a/

Although this method will work for the drivers only. It won't install other items like control panels or other utilities which was what BTS DriverPacks were designed for.
If you don't mind me asking, why don't you like DriverPacks?
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby khan » Sun May 24, 2009 4:22 am

mr_smartepants wrote:http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/34/SESSID=b15ce7a34e7ba25edbebe5e10fd1021a/

Although this method will work for the drivers only. It won't install other items like control panels or other utilities which was what BTS DriverPacks were designed for.

What I am thinking is to Install a fresh copy of Windows XP with all updated drivers, then use Siginet's Driver Grabber Tool to capture drivers source files, I think Nlite can integrate those drivers into XPCD Source.

Is there any guide/Tutorial available for using Driver Grabber with Nlite ?

mr_smartepants wrote:If you don't mind me asking, why don't you like DriverPacks?

BTW, I Never said "I don't like DriverPacks". I used them in past, they are really very usefull. At this time I am just making XPCD for single computer and I want to fit everything in a 700 MB CD. :)
khan

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun May 24, 2009 5:39 am

No problem. Just curious. :)
The tutorial is for Nlite over at their forums. Just select "multiple folders" (I think) on the driver tab.
It's been a while since I've used nlite so I'm not positive. Their forums would be a better place to ask.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Previous

Return to The OEM A.C.T.