OEM Scan is working great!

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

OEM Scan is working great!

Postby SSX4life » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:22 am

Just wanted to pass the word along that OEM Scan is working great! ^_^

I have only 3 requests for future releases

#1. Include the remainder of CRC folders on oembios.net. That way it is fully covered

#2. I have yet to get a wallpaper to work properly on a fresh install. I always need to apply the wallpaper after logging into the PC for the first time. The oemlogo and oeminfo work great though.

#3. Do we have plans to add a pause feature in the oemscan.cmd ? By default it only pauses if errors are found. I understand that you want it to be silent and scripted, if that is the case I'll just modify the script for my personal use on that one ^_^

As always thanks! Keep up the good work.
SSX4life

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:33 am

SSX4life wrote:Just wanted to pass the word along that OEM Scan is working great! ^_^

Glad to hear it!
SSX4life wrote:#1. Include the remainder of CRC folders on oembios.net. That way it is fully covered

I suppose so, just to make it 100%. I'll see what I can do in the near future. I have other projects on my plate ATM.
SSX4life wrote:#2. I have yet to get a wallpaper to work properly on a fresh install. I always need to apply the wallpaper after logging into the PC for the first time. The oemlogo and oeminfo work great though.

Well, the wallpaper can be set with a reg entry. That's a bit tougher to implement globally.
SSX4life wrote:#3. Do we have plans to add a pause feature in the oemscan.cmd ? By default it only pauses if errors are found. I understand that you want it to be silent and scripted, if that is the case I'll just modify the script for my personal use on that one ^_^

That one's easy. I wanted to script it silently and only pause if there were errors. No errors, no pause. Everything you need to see would be in the oemscan.log anyway.
I suppose a 2-min pause wouldn't hurt.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby SSX4life » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:25 pm

I was thinking along the lines of 20 seconds... but your choice ^_^
SSX4life

Users Information

Return to The OEM A.C.T.