OEMSCAN_ADDON_MULTIOEM v1.8

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Postby sathanas65 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:11 pm

What programming language is used for this? And what compiler is used to make the exe? I know squat about coding, but I'm willing to learn. There's plenty of info available online.
sathanas65

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:54 am

sathanas65 wrote:What programming language is used for this? And what compiler is used to make the exe?

It's written in .cmd batch script. I use "bat_to_exe converter" from here: http://www.f2ko.de/programs.php?lang=en&pid=b2e
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:29 pm

First post updated with download links for v1.8.6.6. Source code is in post #3. I'll probably make no more updates unless I need something for my own builds or someone finds a big stinking bug.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby SpinningCarrots » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi sathanas65,

I've been reading some of your exchanges with mr_smartepants.

I saw your project on creating the DVD multiboot XP and all I can say is great job! I've already used it to reinstall several machines and it is great that you have all those updates integrated. I've used your December 2010 edition to install OEM Home and OEM Pro, the former not requiring activation and the latter requiring it. Both worked great!

I would be interested in creating a version for French Windows XP. I would also be willing to invest some time into building it if you are willing to help and don't have time to do it yourself. Let me know!

Thanks for your efforts.
SpinningCarrots

Users Information

Postby sathanas65 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Not my disk, I just got credit for publishing my process. I don't advocate piracy, so I am only willing to share my build process provided you do not use it to build disks you plan to share online. Please PM for further info so we don't pollute this thread.
sathanas65

Users Information

Postby sathanas65 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:10 am

Just tested both MCE and Tablet with cross-cabs removed and it works 100% perfect! This is a masterpiece! Thank you so much! I won't bother testing the choice screen as you have already and I really won't ever use that feature. What a phenomenal piece of software this is, seriously. Great work![color="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

[/color]Hey, Mr. Smartepants, you know the bug in PowerPacker you recently found that makes that one Windows Update keep wanting to install? Do you know of a way to edit the files in question after the PowerPack is built but before the ISO is built to fix it? Or is the problem caused during the ISO build process? Thanks.
sathanas65

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:39 am

The problem is in the switches used for CDimage by PowerPacker. If you use PowerPacker to create the source folder and use another utility to build the iso then everything is fine.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby sathanas65 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks, I'll try that.
sathanas65

Users Information

Postby sathanas65 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Good news. I used CDIMAGE Beta 3 GUI to build my ISO and it solved the problem. I made sure to uncheck "-t time stamp for all files and directories". I had also been having a problem with Windows time zone reverting to GMT all the time. I think this may also solve that, as I unchecked "-g encode GMT time for files rather than local time". I also successfully made an addon for Java 6.24 (tested) since one was yet to be released. This has been a great week all around. My next build promises to be a huge improvement on the previous one. Thanks again MSP.
sathanas65

Users Information

Postby alsyundawy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:07 am

Thanks, I'll try that.
alsyundawy

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.