OEMSCAN_ADDON_MULTIOEM v1.8

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Postby mr_smartepants » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Updated to v1.8.7
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby alsyundawy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:41 pm

how to get Grab_Files.7z ?
alsyundawy

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 am

alsyundawy wrote:how to get Grab_Files.7z ?

Um...click the link? Works for me.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

A Thousand Thanks

Postby wildman4sure » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:48 am

Bravo Master :)
wildman4sure

Users Information

Postby laddanator » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:21 pm

mr_smartepants

I am Syspreping my XP stuff for now and I can get the old 1.4 oemscanner to run but your new 1.8.7 will not. I can get it to run at t-39 fine but as a runonce first log on command I can not. I have the program in C:\OEM\ and the mtee in the OEM\Bin folder. This is the log

Code: Select all
OEMBIOS autodetection script by Mr_Smartepants 
v1.8.7    17 Mar 2011 
Do NOT pirate Microsoft software 
It YOUR responsibility to perform due-diligence 
Be certain you are installing this OS on properly licensed OEM hardware 
Verify the OS type with the Certificate of Authenticity attached to this PC 
Mr_Smartepants or SiginetSoftware will NOT be held legally liable 
if YOU violate any copyright law by installing this OS on an unlicensed PC 
No copyright laws were broken in the creation of this utility 
Error: Windows installation directory not found 
Beginning alternate scan method... 
Beginning alternate detection method #2...   
Detecting Product ID (PID) by scanning EULA.txt... 
Found EULAID: EULAID:XPSP3_RTM_PRO_OEM_EN 
XPSP3   
PRO   
OEM

Is this not a standalone program and can only be run at t-39 of the install process? Sorry if I missed it. Been trying to read through all the pages. If I double on your OEMAUTO.exe same error.
"I'LL BE BACK"
laddanator

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:28 am

Well, the OEMAUTO can be run whenever (best success rate is at T-39) but the program needs to reside within the \OEM\ folder and sit next to the \OEM\bin folder because those paths are fixed. It also needs to be on the same medium that the OS was installed from because it pulls info from the install sources. Check the code in the 2nd post and you'll see that the 'C' drive is not present in the scan options for CDROM or USB methods for obvious reasons.
If I get time I'll see if I can modify the code to run as standalone.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby laddanator » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:18 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:Well, the OEMAUTO can be run whenever (best success rate is at T-39) but the program needs to reside within the \OEM\ folder and sit next to the \OEM\bin folder because those paths are fixed. It also needs to be on the same medium that the OS was installed from because it pulls info from the install sources. Check the code in the 2nd post and you'll see that the 'C' drive is not present in the scan options for CDROM or USB methods for obvious reasons.
If I get time I'll see if I can modify the code to run as standalone.

I am lucky nd hope this post shows up. I had been thinking with your premission of course to re-script this in vscript and maybe make an AIO OEM Scanner. What do you think? Look forward to the standalone deal...for now I am using the OEM Scanner 1.4 for the Sysprep stuff and run a command on first boot up to make the magic happen.
"I'LL BE BACK"
laddanator

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 am

Sure go for it! I don't plan on changing anything in the code. This does exactly what I want/need.
I'll make sure to update the post on the first page with the code version I have currently. It's no great secret.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby laddanator » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm actually putting something together. I can't remember if XP pulls the key info from the same place as Vista, 7. Think I should include the mtee? I got so much going on and I have the hardest time logging into this site for some reason so I can't update you guys as much as I would like too.
"I'LL BE BACK"
laddanator

Users Information

Postby newbie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:44 am

Hello guys,

I ocassionally help my friends with re-installing their computers. The usually have OEM Windows XP license. I would like to have universal DVD which I would be able to install on any SLP BIOS computer type, which would ask me for Serial Key during Windows installation (I know the keys only at the time I come to my friends home - not before) and then it would automatically copy the OEMBIOS files according to given key. Is that possible with your OEMBIOS_SCAN? So far I found out that I HAVE TO add the keys to the installation DVD.

Thanks for answer

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.