This is a major update to my previous multioem addon. Like before, it is modular and expandable to your needs.
Significant script code improvements. Script now compiled into .exe with x86/x64 source compatibility and logging functionality! It also now has multiple checks and cross-checks to prevent misuse with pirated/tainted sources. I've tested extensively with legal OEM versions of x86 XP Home/Pro/MCE as well as x86 Server 2003 Standard and all activated flawlessly.
This will not activate any Retail or VLK sources! OEM SLP only.
This addon does NOT include any OEMBIOS.* files to keep the filesize down (although empty placeholders are included to show you where to place them). OEMBIOS files can be downloaded for your OEM systems from http://www.oembios.net or here.
OEMBIOS filesets are different between XP and 2003, be sure you put the correct fileset in the right folders. XP OEMBIOS files go in the \FILESETS\XP\blah\ directories. 2003 server OEMBIOS files go in the \FILESETS\2003\blah\ directories.
Here's a quote from xehqter:
Windows XP and Windows 2003 OEMBIOS files use a different key to encrypt the data, file sets aren’t compatible.
This addon also does not include any SLP product keys, you must provide your own SLP key. Do [color="Red"]NOT[/color] ask for us to give you a key as that is against forum rules and the law in some countries. In this addon, the SLP key is represented by the string 11111-22222-33333-44444-55555.
I've tried to simplify this addon so that the only files you need to edit are the oemscan.ini file for each OS type (Home, Pro, MCE, W2k3) to add your keys and add your OEMBIOS.* files...that's it!
This addon should be 100% compatible with single-disc as well as multi-OS/multi-boot PowerPacker integrations. This addon should also now be fully compatible with RIS network installs as well as USB install sources. You do NOT need to specify a product key in WINNT.SIF, in fact any key that is present will be overwritten if a matching OEMBIOS fileset is used on the PC. This addon does NOT use the $OEM$ directory, but uses the OEM directory instead to make it compatible with PowerPacker.
OK, to customize your multioem addon, start by downloading the addon from this post.
(in the below instructions, just substitute "Sony Corporation" with your OEM name.
1. Decompress the addon to your desktop or other working directory.
2. Download all of the OEMBIOS files you will need from http://www.oembios.net or here (eg. 376E13C7 for "Sony Corporation")
3. Gather your SLP keys (do NOT ask here for these!).
4. In the addon, go to the FILESETS folder and open the folder using the same name as listed on the OEMBIOS.net website (eg. \FILESETS\XP\376E13C7)
5. Add the four decompressed OEMBIOS.* (bin, sig, dat, cat) files you downloaded to the Sony folder you just made (XP filesets go in FILESETS\XP\*, 2003 filesets go in FILESETS\2003\*.)
6. (OPTIONAL) Add any OEM logo files to the \Logos\blah\ folders (check the "readme.txt" file in each folder. See the \Logos\AcerSystem\ folder for a good example of the proper layout. A few can be downloaded from here: http://www.oemlogos.siginetsoftware.com/
7. Open the oemscan.ini file in the appropriate OS type folder (IE. KEYS\XP\XP_HOME for Home) with Notepad and make the following changes:
8. In the .ini text, change the CMD function as so:
- Code: Select all
9. Change the fake SLP key with your legitimate one (remember, different OS types require different product keys so you can't use a XP Pro key to activate a XP Home install).
10. Save and close the oemscan.ini file.
11. Recompress the Entries_OEMScan_MULTIOEM.ini file and all the folders with 7zip into a single archive so that it has the filename OEMSCAN_1.4.1_MR_SMARTEPANTS_ADDON_MULTIOEM_1.8x.7z.
12. Integrate this addon using Siginet's RVMIntegrator only. Do NOT use nLite.
You can see in the oemscan.ini where I have different variations of Acer, Dell, and Gateway. You can use a similar approach for other OEM makes as well if I missed any.
1. Start with a clean UNBRANDED OEM CD (MSDN-OEM or System Builder OEM discs will do).
2. Integrate your favorite updatepacks/addons with either nlite or RVMI, your choice.
3. In a separate session, integrate this addon with ONLY RVMI.
4. DriverPacks, if desired, go last.
5. Build ISO.
1) For best results, integrate this addon AFTER nLite and with RVMI and separately from any updatepack integration to ensure all files are edited properly.
nLite will not integrate this addon properly because of the unsupported [DirMove] section; unless a new version of nLite is released that supports that function.
Also, because this addon modifies i386\winnt.sif, and nLite will overwrite winnt.sif if found, it's vital to run this addon AFTER nLite to preserve the added sections.
2) This addon will make additional entries to winnt.sif.
The following lines are added to winnt.sif:
- Code: Select all
Thanks go out to xehqter, FreeStyler and Siginet for providing both the tools and inspiration for this project (my wife hates you all )
They made the tools, I just repackaged them into a more usable form.
'Empty' version Download (has none of the OEM logo files)
Updated: 23 Mar 2011
Size: 571 KB
'Full' version Download (has most of the OEM logo files preloaded).
Updated: 23 Mar 2011
Size: 38 MB
v1.8.2: The mtee utility was added in the 1.8.2 branch for logging ability.
v1.8.5: The 1.8.5 branch saw vast speed improvements in code optimization.
v1.8.6: The 1.8.6 branch fixes alternate install method detection (RIS, USB, etc.) in both the oemauto utility and the .ini winnt.sif entry (will detect the oemauto in either the install drive root or a sub-folder.)
v184.108.40.206: Fixed USB source detection (changes to both addon .ini and .exe). Added significant code to include alternate method of detecting version of Windows (not tested).
v220.127.116.11: Added code to detect both Tablet & MCE editions (user choice) and includes alternate method of detecting version of Windows from standalone environment (OEM folder must be at root of drive).
v18.104.22.168: Fixed bug that would cause the MCE/Tablet choice screen to always be displayed.
v22.214.171.124: Fixed bug that would cause the MCE/Tablet choice screen to get stuck in a loop if certain MCE files were present.
v126.96.36.199: Fixed bug that would cause the MCE/Tablet choice screen to fail. Added over-ride choices for alternate scan methods.
v188.8.131.52: Fixed all bugs. Added partial detection code for Windows Home Server v1. Released code as open-source project.
v1.8.7: Final version. Added support for foreign XP PIDs
The 1.8.7 branch is the best by far and the most stable (and also the last).
Below are tools to help extract files from a running system. Included are tools to "Grab files" like oembios filesets, drivers, keys, etc.
Mediafire mirror for "Grab files": http://www.mediafire.com/?2jjeb3pn1sd2pqx