change corporate to oem ?

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

change corporate to oem ?

Postby cfrank33 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:25 am

Hy I have a question:

Is it possible to change a corporate installation without repair install to change to an oem installation ( hp etc ) The background of this question im living here in mexiko and here is very commun to install the corporate version of xp although if you have a hp original pc o other oem Pc with vista preinstalled and the person are installing the corporate xp.

So is it possible:

I although have a bootable xp cd ( ubcd4win ) where i could change files and edit registry or other things.

But is it possible with oem a.c.t projekt to change the corporate to oem ?
cfrank33

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:26 pm

If i understand your question - you have a XP VLK version installed and you want to Convert it to an OEM without re-installing.
If that is the case then i'm pretty sure the answer is no - there are oembios files that need to be present at the installation of XP which can't be changed without causing problems.

On the otherhand Roguespear has an addon that allows you to use a VLK source CD to install like an OEM - but this requires a reformat-reinstall
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:16 pm

TwoJ wrote:If i understand your question - you have a XP VLK version installed and you want to Convert it to an OEM without re-installing.
If that is the case then i'm pretty sure the answer is no - there are oembios files that need to be present at the installation of XP which can't be changed without causing problems.

On the otherhand Roguespear has an addon that allows you to use a VLK source CD to install like an OEM - but this requires a reformat-reinstall

The answer used to be no. ;) But I have gotten a tool created by antiwpa... which is not a site that I will link to from here. Because they deal with some not so legal hacking of windows there. But they do have a tool called xplic.exe which will allow you to convert it. Which I would not think microsoft would be too mad about... since it helps people convert from an illegally installed Corp system to a legally licenced oem system. As long as you are using a valid license of course. I never understood why microsoft made it so difficult for people to actually convert from a corp to a valid oem or retail system.

So just search for xplic.exe and your troubles are fixed.

BTW... to convert a corp disk to oem there are 7 files you need from an oem disk.
DPCDLL.DLL, EULA.TXT, OEMBIOS.BIN, OEMBIOS.SIG, OEMBIOS.CAT, OEMBIOS.DAT, PIDGEN.DLL, SETUPP.INI.

You can do it without EULA.TXT... but to be fully correct you should have it. You may also be able to get it to work without OEMBIOS.* files... but again if you want to be 100% OEM you should have those. ;)

I have planned on making an addon for the integrator which will automatically collect these files into the plugins folder and allow you to use your corp disk to create oem, retail and upgrade disks. I think it would technically not be illegal since the addon would be made to use your own disks with your own valid files.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Return to The OEM A.C.T.