Carbon Based Unit wrote:I read and followed Mr Smartpants rules, with what should be a fairly sinple case: installing a genuine OEM XP Pro into an eMachine. But no, the invariable error message is "cannot find entries*.ini -- quitting."
1337 wrote:Ok, so you compressed the "filesets", "keys", "logos", and "svcpack" folders individually? Did you also compress "Entries_OEMScan_MULTIOEM.ini" as well?
11. Recompress the Entries_OEMScan_MULTIOEM.ini file and all the folders with 7zip into a single archive so that it has the filename OEMSCAN_1.4.1_MR_SMARTEPANTS_ADDON_MULTIOEM_1.8x.7 z.
12. Integrate this addon using Siginet's RVMIntegrator only. Do NOT use nLite.
VMware Workstation/Player (Multi-Brand) Bios Installer
-----!!!!! ENGLISH/USA ONLY !!!!!-----
(patcher looks for English Only file directories & binres 6006 files have en/usa language ID's)
VMware W'Stn v6-7.x & Player v3.x [Windows] (Multi-Brand/Version) Bios Installer
Works on VMware W'Stn (v6-7.x) & Player (v3.x)[Windows]
This tool will auto-detect location of vmware-vmx.exe and directly patch BINRES 6006 bios file with whatever brand you select from the menu.
It works fine with older and newer versions of VMware Workstation as it disregards CRC checking of the file it's patching (x32 or 64bit).
How To Use:-
1. Make sure VMware W'Stn (v6-7.x) or VM Player (v3.x) is turned off (can't patch a file if it's in use).
2. Double-click the Installer and make your selection .... it will confirm done, seconds later.
3. VMware should now run with the bios file you selected.
Note:- on first use a "back-up" copy of your vmware-vmx.exe is made and confirmation of it's location displayed ... if for any reason you wish to return to an untouched state, you have the ability to just manually overwrite vmware-vmx.exe in your Program Files with your untouched back-up copy.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests