OEMSCAN_ADDON_MULTIOEM v1.61

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Postby mr_smartepants » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:01 am

Well, if you're using both Home/Pro, then using Siginet's addon would be better since it detects both versions and applies the correct key. And his works with PowerPacker, which is what I'm assuming you use to build your all-in-one DVD.

The double entry (Asus,Asus) is required by the function [editfile].
That function looks for the following separated by commas:
<path\to\FileToEdit>,<AddThisToFile>,<FromThisInfoBelow>
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby gospeed.racer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:20 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:Well, if you're using both Home/Pro, then using Siginet's addon would be better since it detects both versions and applies the correct key. And his works with PowerPacker, which is what I'm assuming you use to build your all-in-one DVD.

I see, it just seemed like it would be easier to make 2 .ini's- one for pro keys and one for home keys. Then when you integrate your addon, your home setups will point to the home ini file. It seems odd to have it detect the operating system when it seems like it could be so much more simple.

If I were to change the name "Entries_OEMScan_MULTIOEM.ini" to "Entry_H_OEMScan_MULTIOEM.ini", is there a file that I could hex edit to reflect the change in name? That would be all I would need.

BTW, your setup works great with powerpacker as well
gospeed.racer

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:50 am

No, because each addon will over-write the other with the same entries regardless of what you name the entries.ini file. The contents will be the same.
They both edit the oemscan.ini file. And that file cannot be renamed.
Code: Select all
[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK\OEMSCAN.ini,Acer,Acer
[Acer]
PATH=".\Acer\"
CMD="SetKey "

Siginet's addon is designed specifically to have both keys available, and the OSTYPE.EXE determines the appropriate version.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby gospeed.racer » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:00 am

I understand that it creates the oemscan.ini file, which is called by the oemscan.exe and actually I earlier sent a message to xehqter on msfn to see if he could provide me with a modified oemscan.exe (however I am not sure he is even around anymore) that would call a re-named oemscan.ini. I just feel like this would be a much easier method than depending on yet another device to decide what what operating system I am installing.

I am going to give siginet's a shot, now that I found it LOL. I assumed the one that was stickied was the current, and it was going nowhere- dead links and old info, oops.
gospeed.racer

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:36 am

I too tried contacting xehqter since in his original post he said he was going to open source the program after sufficient development, and i think now would be the time since it hasn't had any development in a long time.

Does anyone have or can get the source for oemscan? I still believe that the key should be entered at t-39 such as in mr_smartepants version.
TwoJ

Users Information

Postby laddanator » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 pm

I too tried contacting xehqter since in his original post he said he was going to open source the program after sufficient development, and i think now would be the time since it hasn't had any development in a long time.

Does anyone have or can get the source for oemscan? I still believe that the key should be entered at t-39 such as in mr_smartepants version.

Yes mr_smartepants thanks for the link to the oemscanner package but I already have that,what I really needed is the source code to the oemscan.exe its self to see exactly how it scans the bios string and returns the correct value and make a cross over to Vista scanner I am so close to the find just need that little push up the hill
laddanator

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:05 am

Sorry, I can't help you with the source code, since I don't even have that! ;)
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Sorry laddanator... we wouldn't be able to share the source code even if we did have it. It would be in bad taste. :( xequter is the only one that can give out his source code.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby TwoJ » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Is there anyone who can contact him, as i said i left him a few pm at MSFN and no reply, anyone have his phone # so we can leave threatening messages :D
TwoJ

Users Information

Understand

Postby laddanator » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Siginet wrote:
Sorry laddanator... we wouldn't be able to share the source code even if we did have it. It would be in bad taste. xequter is the only one that can give out his source code.

I understand I two have tried to contact him with no luck maybe you guys could ask him for us and see what he says this would be a great stepping stone.

Thanks guys for all of your work
laddanator

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.