OEMSCAN_ADDON_MULTIOEM v1.61

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

niiiice

Postby insomnai » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:12 pm

cos my boss was wondering why i was running round the store attaching an external hard drive to all the pcs.

Curiosity, does this work for vista aswell?
insomnai

Users Information

Postby FreeStyler » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Sounds familiar :)

And NO this method does not work for Vista.... but there are other tools to do that (Eg: backup Certificate & BIOS SLIC)
FreeStyler

Users Information

Now...

Postby insomnai » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:37 pm

Ok, I understand the tools used to gain proper oembios files, now for the bit that actually matters.

I'm using your addon, and like you've mentioned in your first post how to write the file, my question is this:

If the Entries.ini file is purely path pointing, do I create paths for every variant of each bios string? i.e.

10045CFA - "FSC SYSTEM", " FUJITSU SIEMENS", " FUJITSU SIEMENS", " FSC SYSTEM", " FSC SYSTEM", " FSC SERVER", " FSC SERVER"

Do I create folders for each variant above to point to the single set of oembios files? FSC System, Fujitsu Siemens, FSC System and FSC Server?

All the best mate

Insomnai
insomnai

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:03 pm

insomnai wrote:If the Entries.ini file is purely path pointing, do I create paths for every variant of each bios string? i.e.

10045CFA - "FSC SYSTEM", " FUJITSU SIEMENS", " FUJITSU SIEMENS", " FSC SYSTEM", " FSC SYSTEM", " FSC SERVER", " FSC SERVER"

Do I create folders for each variant above to point to the single set of oembios files? FSC System, Fujitsu Siemens, FSC System and FSC Server?

You've got it!
Actually, you would create two different entries, one for [FSC], one for [FUJITSU] all pointing to the same folder with the oembios fileset with the CRC 10045CFA. Those two would match every entry you listed.
Code: Select all
[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK\OEMSCAN.ini,FSC,FSC
I386\SVCPACK\OEMSCAN.ini,FUJITSU,FUJITSU

[FileMove]
; For Fujitsu Siemens systems
SVCPACK\FUJITSU\*,..\OEM\FUJITSU\*

[FSC]
PATH=".\FUJITSU\"
CMD="SetKey XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

[FUJITSU]
PATH=".\FUJITSU\"
CMD="SetKey XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Ahhhh

Postby insomnai » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:30 pm

You mention I would make two entries, why just two as i see 3 differences there? FSC System, FSC Server and Fujitsu Siemens.... with the CRC of 1004FCFA.

Also, there are 3 CRC sets that contain the string "Fujitsu", wouldn't this mean that there is a possibility that the wrong CRC is chosen? For example
9CF90CA8 - "FUJITSU-PC", "FUJITSU-PC", "FUJITSU-PC" and
D2D64C41 - "FUJITSU", "SIEMENS", "PRIMERGY", "FUJITSU", "SIEMENS", "PRIMERGY"

Sorry if i've missed something... Just after a little clarity...

Cheers mate!

Insomnai
insomnai

Users Information

Postby FreeStyler » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:34 pm

@mr_smartepants

I understand you approach, although i think it's risky to use it like this... what if (i have no prove whatsoever) you have a Fujitsu-Siemens System, that came with no or a different OS then Windows, Chance the required SLP string is left out... but their might be manufacturer string present, with your method it would copy oembios files and set the key with the possibility it won't pre-activate.

i always use the whole SLP strings, just to be sure :)
FreeStyler

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Ah Crap! Yes, FreeStyler is correct. The safest method is to use the entire title "string". I just took a shortcut. In order to balance the addon, you would need three folders for each of the 3 CRC oembios filesets. Then tailor the addon entries file to point to each of the relevent folders for the matching respective "strings".
[FSC] would match both FSC Server and FSC System. But it would also match FSCXOMG-OMG-OMFG, so be careful there. :)

I'm sure you get my meaning.
In many cases, newer oembios filesets replace older filesets. YMMV. :cool:
mr_smartepants

Users Information

That makes sense!

Postby insomnai » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Ok, so my question is now, does the OEM repository list the entire string? I see lots of CRC files that have a line through them or at least a part way through most of them... i.e.

CE524ABD - >>"alienware", "alienware", "alienware", "alienware", "alienware", "alienware", "alienware", "alienware"<<, "alienware", "alienware"

The ones between the >> <<... but if the last two entries are the same as the previous 8, why are the first 8 crossed out?

D2D64C41 - " FUJITSU", >>"SIEMENS", "PRIMERGY", "FUJITSU", "SIEMENS", "PRIMERGY"<<

again, ones between the >> << are crossed out...?

I'm confoosed.
insomnai

Users Information

Postby FreeStyler » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:55 pm

D2D64C41 set only the 1st "FUJITSU" string is valid, all the rest do not work, the employee at Fujitsu made an error there. (can't go deeper into this, just believe it)

In the CE524ABD set all "alienware" string are valid, i do not know why Bezalel marked them like that, ask him.
FreeStyler

Users Information

Lol, so another question in that case...

Postby insomnai » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:06 pm

D2D64C41 set only the 1st "FUJITSU" string is valid, all the rest do not work, the employee at Fujitsu made an error there. (can't go deeper into this, just believe it)

In the CE524ABD set all "alienware" string are valid, i do not know why Bezalel marked them like that, ask him.

Which is the string, just the "alienware"? or the "alienware", "alienware", "alienware"?

When i'm running the computerinfo tool, does it gather the entire bios string?
insomnai

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.