OEMSCAN_ADDON_MULTIOEM v1.61

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Postby SSX4life » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:52 am

Well you can upload them to my FTP if you want. I changed the rules for anonymous uploading for the next 48 hours.

ftp://ssx4life.no-ip.biz
SSX4life

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:44 am

Here is a temp upload account:

FTP Username: oemlogos@aplusmaint.net
Password: o12345
FTP Server: ftp.aplusmaint.net
FTP Server Port: 21

Any files uploaded there will apear in:
http://www.oemlogos.siginetsoftware.com
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby dolivas27 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Siginet everything is uploaded you can take down the temp ftp.

Thanks
dolivas
dolivas27

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:46 pm

OK Thanks dolivas27. :) I'll leave the temp ftp online for a little longer. Just incase anyone wants to add to it.

I think it would be best if we come up with a way to format these as oemscan addons. So basically if someone wanted to add the oem files to the system they could integrate the OEMLogos_Dell_Addon with the OEMScan_Dell_Addon and the oemlogos would be placed in the perfect spot. Which is what I had intended for my oemscan addons... but I never entirely had the time to finish them. ;)

I'm glad all of you have taken the time to perfect the OEMScan Addons without me. :)
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:39 pm

It's comical, I know. We have three different oemscan addons at the moment. Maybe we should consider consolidating them all into one type that would work in single-os as well as multi-os configurations. Once that's done, the other threads could be closed as obsolete.
I'll be interested in seeing what SSX4life comes up with in his batch/registry files.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Just to keep everyone posted, I'm putting the finishing touches on a major update to this addon.
The Batch file now incorporates moving the OEM logo files to where they need to go during the T-39 stage of setup. It does this by scanning the contents of the oemscan.log file created during the first part of the batch and finds the name of the system OEM.
Once complete, I think this addon will encompass the work done by SSX4life and Siginet (with his 1.7b addons).
So I'll create a new thread to house my new v1.8 addon and this one can be archived.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby gospeed.racer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:23 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:So I'll create a new thread to house my new v1.8 addon and this one can be archived.

thank goodness for some people knowing when to create a new thread! It gets so hard to follow (not so much here, but on all the forums in general). I look forward to your new version, and thank you all for the great work!
gospeed.racer

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Siginet wrote:I think it would be best if we come up with a way to format these as oemscan addons. So basically if someone wanted to add the oem files to the system they could integrate the OEMLogos_Dell_Addon with the OEMScan_Dell_Addon and the oemlogos would be placed in the perfect spot.

So, do you still feel that two separate addons would be better? Or a single monolithic addon? The single addon would be easier to support but the two-pronged approach would be more modular (only add what you want).
Opinions?
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:45 pm

I think for some people they may not want the Logos. So my thinking is that we keep the logos seperate. I'll test out your 1.8 addons as soon as you release em. ;)
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby gospeed.racer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 am

wouldnt it be easier to have the icons by default, but if nothing is present in the folder then it will just leave it blank, or go to a generic? that way you are only supporting one product instead of 2...

just a thought.
gospeed.racer

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.