OEMSCAN_ADDON_MULTIOEM v1.61

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Postby SSX4life » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey freestyler / sigi and company how goes it?

I'm wanting to see if I can expand the documentation a bit on this plugin, and was curious if you could assist with a few questions. ^_^

#1. I worked with the previous version of oemscan and it worked flawlessly. I just wanted to verify from your instructions that by default all you would need to do is the following

a. Download the .zip
b. Download the files from oembios.net you wish to support (a.k.a. if you wish to have just acer / toshiba / dell you download those files
c. Insert the files into the oembios folder to match the corresponding location
d. The bios hashes have already been matched by the manufacturer in each of the 3 folders (home / pro / mce )
e. Change the windows keys to the proper slp counterparts in the oemscan.ini folder in each three sets (home / pro / mce)
f. Recompress the folder with 7z and slip into the install

Am I missing anything? If you wish to add a CUSTOM bios string not included you will need to edit 4 sections (add bios files / add slp string / add windows key / modify oemscan.ini ) correct?

Just wanting to make sure before I include some flash video tutorials.

Thanks!

*edit* I also wanted to let you know that I am willing to assist you with hosting the files if you need a 2nd bandwidth server.
*edit 2x* Would you consider creating a modified oembios addon for ryanvm intergrator that includes all of the bios files inserted already (minus the keys of course)? Just curious

--ssx--
SSX4life

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Your understanding of the instructions is correct.

The only reason I built this addon without any oembios.* files is to keep the download size minimal. Otherwise, this addon would spiral into several hundred MB in size.

I don't have a problem with you re-hosting the addon, as long as you link to this thread as the source and maintain the original credits as I have listed.
You must also never use/distribute this addon for warez purposes. It would break my heart to know this addon was used to break the law.
If you modify the addon, then you provide the support for that modified addon.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby SSX4life » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:30 am

I enjoy writing documentation on opensource articles such as this and others. ^_^

I'll have more coming soon.
SSX4life

Users Information

Postby SSX4life » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:04 am

Well after lots of digging / testing / configuring I am finally to the point of having a working version ^_^

OEMBIOS Scanner v1.4.1 by Jeremy (xehqter)

Reading BIOS Memory

Warning: Running in Dry-Run Mode NO FILES ARE MODIFIED

Matched: AcerSystem
Checking Authenticity of OEMBIOS files
Validating: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OEMSCAN_1.69\OEMBIOS\AcerSystem_717B6EF3\OEMBIOS.BIN : PASSED
Validating: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OEMSCAN_1.69\OEMBIOS\AcerSystem_717B6EF3\OEMBIOS.SIG : PASSED
Validating: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OEMSCAN_1.69\OEMBIOS\AcerSystem_717B6EF3\OEMBIOS.DAT : PASSED
OEMBIOS files pass Validation

Importing C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OEMSCAN_1.69\OEMBIOS\AcerSystem_717B6EF3\OEMBIOS.CAT : Failed
Copying C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OEMSCAN_1.69\OEMBIOS\AcerSystem_717B6EF3\OEMBIOS.DAT : Failed
Copying C:\WINDOWS\system32\DllCache\OEMBIOS.DAT : Failed
Copying C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OEMSCAN_1.69\OEMBIOS\AcerSystem_717B6EF3\OEMBIOS.SIG : Failed
Copying C:\WINDOWS\system32\DllCache\OEMBIOS.SIG : Failed
Copying C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OEMSCAN_1.69\OEMBIOS\AcerSystem_717B6EF3\OEMBIOS.BIN : Failed
Copying C:\WINDOWS\system32\DllCache\OEMBIOS.BIN : Failed

Running: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OEMSCAN_1.69\SCAN_PRO\SetKey *****-*****-*****-YHQQ6-C7RYM : Failed

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\OEMSCAN_1.69\SCAN_PRO>

Thanks for the update to oembios, I will modify my installs accordingly. The only other 2 things I want to do is add the oem manufacturer information based off a bios string and add Tablet support.

Instead of having oemscan enter the information would it be possible to make a batch script per vendor that could be run after the process is done?

As far as tablet support goes..... how can I modify the installation accordingly?
SSX4life

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:28 am

SSX4life wrote:Instead of having oemscan enter the information would it be possible to make a batch script per vendor that could be run after the process is done?

That shouldn't be too difficult. You'd need to have oemscan write a logfile to C:, then have a batch file scan the text for keywords (like I did for the XP type), then call the individual OEM folder batch file to perform the file copy.

I'll see what I can come up with, but don't wait for me (other projects).
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar! OEMSCAN pre-activation addon for OEM XP & 2003
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby SSX4life » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 am

I can write the batch scripts for these very easily. The problem I am having is locating the oem logo's. Do you have a repository of them perhaps?
SSX4life

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:01 am

There's a link in Siginet's other thread (I think).
*Edit, it's here: http://oemlogos.siginetsoftware.com/
But the link is dead.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Postby SSX4life » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:28 pm

I had a little down time today, so I decided to investigate a bit further.

Looks like there is a free app out there that will allow you to modify the image located in the System Properties.

I also was semi-unsuccessful in locating oemlogo.bmp's for each vendor.

I decided to locate / create my own but still need to work on them a bit more.

ftp://ssx4life.no-ip.biz/OEM%20Logo%20Manager%20V1.0.7z (My hosting is a bit slow currently... it will go though just be patient)
Please note that I simply copied the programs folder with the modified images in it. The installation app is located here - http://www.download.com/OEM-Logo-Manager/3000-2072_4-10059293.html?tag=mncol

I will need to remove the backgrounds of each image... I just don't have the software on my laptop to accomplish this.

Sigi, please reshare those .bmp files so I can make batch scripts for them! ^_^

Thanks
SSX4life

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Unfortunatly I don't think I have them anymore. :( When I had to do an emergeny move from dreamhost to a new host I did not have enough time to move everything. :(

I can re-host them if anyone wants to begin uploading them again.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby dolivas27 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:27 am

Siginet wrote:Unfortunatly I don't think I have them anymore. :( When I had to do an emergeny move from dreamhost to a new host I did not have enough time to move everything. :(

I can re-host them if anyone wants to begin uploading them again.

Siginet I have the files where do you want me to send them to?
dolivas27

Users Information

PreviousNext

Return to The OEM A.C.T.