*** Old thread below
OK, this is an update to my previous multioem addon. Like before, it is modular and expandable to your needs. This addon does NOT include any OEMBIOS.* files to keep the filesize down (although empty placeholders are included to show you where to place them). OEMBIOS files can be downloaded for your OEM systems from http://www.oembios.net. OEMBIOS filesets are different between XP and 2003, be sure you put the correct fileset in the right folders.
This addon also does not include any SLP product keys, you must provide your own SLP key. Do [color="Red"]NOT[/color] ask for us to give you a key as that is against forum rules and the law in some countries. In this addon, the SLP key is represented by the string 11111-22222-33333-44444-55555.
I've tried to simplify this addon so that the only file you need to edit is the oemscan.ini file for each OS type (Home, Pro, MCE, W2k3) and add your OEMBIOS.* files...that's it!
This addon should be 100% compatible with single-disc as well as multi-OS/multi-boot PowerPacker integrations (may need to modify the folder path in the svcpack\oemscan.cmd file in multi-OS setups). You do NOT need to specify a product key in WINNT.SIF, in fact any key that is present will be overwritten if a matching OEMBIOS fileset is used on the PC. This addon does NOT use the $OEM$ directory, but uses the OEM directory instead to make it compatible with PowerPacker.
OK, to customize your multioem addon, start by downloading the addon from this post.
(in the below instructions, just substitute "Sony Corporation" with your OEM name.
1. Decompress the addon to your desktop or other working directory.
2. Download all of the OEMBIOS files you will need from http://www.oembios.net (eg. 376E13C7 for "Sony Corporation")
3. Gather your SLP keys (do NOT ask here for these!).
4. In the addon, go to the OEMBIOS folder and open the folder using the same name as listed on the OEMBIOS.net website (eg. \OEMBIOS\Sony_376E13C7)
5. Add the four decompressed OEMBIOS.* (bin, sig, dat, cat) files you downloaded to the Sony folder you just made (XP filesets go in OEMBIOS\*, 2003 filesets go in OEMBIOS3\*.
6. Open the oemscan.ini file in the appropriate OS type folder (IE. SCAN_XHM for Home) with Notepad and make the following changes:
6a. In the .ini text, change the CMD function as so:
- Code: Select all
6b. Change the fake SLP key with your legitimate one (remember, different OS types require different product keys).
7. Save and close the oemscan.ini file.
8. Recompress the Entries_OEMScan_MULTIOEM.ini file and all the folders with 7zip so that it has the filename OEMSCAN_1.4.1_MR_SMARTEPANTS_ADDON_MULTIOEM_1.68x.7z.
9. Integrate this addon using Siginet's RVMIntegrator NOT nLite.
You can see in the oemscan.ini where I have different variations of Acer, Dell, and Gateway. You can use a similar approach for other OEM makes as well if I missed any.
For best results, integrate this addon AFTER nLite and separately from any updatepack integration to ensure all files are edited properly.
nLite will not integrate this addon properly because of the unsupported [DirMove] section. Unless a new version of nLite is released that supports that function.
Also, because this addon modifies i386\winnt.sif, and nLite will overwrite winnt.sif if found, it's vital to run this addon AFTER nLite.
Here's a quote from xehqter:
Windows XP and Windows 2003 OEMBIOS files use a different key to encrypt the data, file sets aren’t compatible.
Thanks go out to xehqter, FreeStyler and Signet for providing both the tools and inspiration for this project (my wife hates you all )
They made the tools, I just repackaged them into a more usable form.
Updated: 3 Jan 2009