Multiple OEM installation

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Multiple OEM installation

Postby insomnai » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Hey all, I've read the links to the creation of a Windows installation disc which pre-activates by checking the bios file using the Royalty OEM serial code, but I have a few questions.

Is it possible to create a multiple Royalty OEM XP Home installation disc which automatically selects the SLP key needed for that particular bios and yet still remain unattended? Also, is it possible to do the same with Windows Vista?

I have made a disc using the RVM integrator and have created a winnt.sif file which hides pages that I have already provided information for, but of course, I'm still being asked for serial keys.

This is very new to me so please be clear. I'm not knowledgable about this at all.

Now, using the RVM integrator, i get the option of adding addons into the mix, does this place the oem bits n pieces in the right place ready for making the iso file?

I'm hoping that you guys can help!

Many regards

Insomnai
insomnai

Users Information

Postby mr_smartepants » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:27 pm

insomnai wrote:Is it possible to create a multiple Royalty OEM XP Home installation disc which automatically selects the SLP key needed for that particular bios and yet still remain unattended?

Yes!
I have a multi-oem oemscan addon almost ready to release. Just working some details out. I'll also include some detailed instructions for people just like you. :)

As for Vista...Not really. There's a program (vlite) you can use to build an unattended install for Vista but it's limited to a single product key. And in my testing, vlite'd installs cannot later install SP1.
mr_smartepants

Users Information

Return to The OEM A.C.T.