OEMscan errors using nLIte integration

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

OEMscan errors using nLIte integration

Postby hicountryrider » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:49 pm

Just attempted an integration using nLite and adding the RyanVM Update packs and the latest OEMscan file. Integration of Win XP SP1 and Win XP SP2 went fine. RyanVM Update Pack integration also went fine. During OEMscan process I received several error messages and was unable to continue the integration. I had to cancel integration in order to remove error messages. Error messages can be viewed here.

System is a Dell 4600. I checked the Dell Reinstallation disk and there isn't a Dell directory.

I had done a previous test integration of just the Dell XP SP1 disk and the XP SP2 Network update and had no problems.

Is it possible that I do not need to integrate the OEMscan file?

New to this process so would appreciate any help or suggestions. TIA :)
hicountryrider

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:49 am

OEMScan Addons were never intended for nLite. They use specific features of the RVM Integrator. nLite has cloned many of the features I have implemented into the integrator.

If you only intend to install your dell disk on the dell that the disk came with then you don't have much of a need for OEMScan. Make sure you use the Royalty key that is in the winnt.sif file of the disk.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby hicountryrider » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:11 am

Siginet wrote:OEMScan Addons were never intended for nLite. They use specific features of the RVM Integrator. nLite has cloned many of the features I have implemented into the integrator.

If you only intend to install your dell disk on the dell that the disk came with then you don't have much of a need for OEMScan. Make sure you use the Royalty key that is in the winnt.sif file of the disk.

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize that OEMScan was exclusive to RVM Integrator. I will only be using the slipstreamed disk to reinstall on my Dell system.
hicountryrider

Users Information

Return to The OEM A.C.T.