Some problems with hosting machine ?

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

Some problems with hosting machine ?

Postby Silenti » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:30 am

Some problems with Siginet hosting machine ?

When I signed in and went to OEMScan_addons download page I found that ReGet dowload manager that I use could not correctly intercept links from this page. As usuall ReGet works good, but there it fails. At first no problem seemed to be, because I succeded to dowload by means of internal Windows routins. As we know, this method is not reliable and finally sfv-check showed the archive is corrupted.
No problem. I downloaded the same addon for Sony from RyanVM site, though this addon is not the latest one that is at Siginet's and MD5-hash showed different result in comparison to that on Siginet site. Additionally I noticed that the structure of addon for Sony is not the same that has, for example, Acer's one. Does it is correct ? Finally, this addon for Sony did not work as is expected [showed an error in logfile in changing key to SLP, naturally, did not activated Windows].
When I tried to download the same addon once again, experimenting with some hotkey combination on final click to download [sometimes this step works and this is mentioned in ReGet manual], finally I got a rejection from server to accept my login at the download page at all ! However, rejection comes at the download page only. So, I can not re-download by means of internal Windows routins.

How to download goodOEMScan addon that works fine with my Sony ? :confused:
Silenti

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Using download managers sometimes will not work on many sites because the sites are built to not allow them. Download managers offten make multiple connections to a host and can bring a host down if enough people connect. I would not advise using reget here if you are having troubles. The download script here actually counts how many downloads there have been and reget would make multiple connections and then that might confuse it. I didn't create the download script so I can't do anything to change it anyways.
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Just for the sake of users…

Postby Silenti » Wed May 16, 2007 11:03 pm

Thank you for explanation.
I wonder if there would be possible for site admin to limit the number of simultaneous connections for the same user ? This probably would solve an issue concerning the use of download managers. Just for the sake of users…
Now I succeded to download needed addon without dwnl.manager. Notorious, those managers are much better than Windows routins.
By the way, let me disagree that "download managers will not work on many sites", because by my experience I evaluate such percent as being fairly low... I don't think my experience differs a lot from the usual one. Maybe your words are right in a some specific area.
Silenti

Users Information

Return to The OEM A.C.T.