OEMScan with Vista Home Ultimate OEM???

OEM A.C.T. (OEM Activation Control Technology)
This is a method that allows you to create a Windows XP Setup disk that has Multiple Manufacturer oembios.* files on it. During installation a script is run that determines what oembios.* files are needed for the system so that you will have a pre-activated install. This will help lessen the times that you need to call Microsoft for activation. :D

OEMScan with Vista Home Ultimate OEM???

Postby griedarw » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:00 am

I recently purchased an Acer laptop that has Vista Home Ultimate OEM on it. I have a 8 GB hidden recovery partition that contains the original files if I my OS gets trashed. From that I can make a recovery DVD (which I have done already) but it is still not as flexible as having a "clean" Vista bootable DVD. Does anyone have any success of using OEMScan with Vista?
griedarw

Users Information

Postby Siginet » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:22 am

OEMScan does not work with vista... yet. But we have allready figured out how to pre-activate on vista. It is actually somewhat easier to do then xp. It uses xrm-ms files. Check the oemscan thread at msfn.org for details on how to do it. ;)

I agree... the OEM reinstallation disks would me much better than this stupid recovery partition crap. I hate recovery partitions.

You can however use any Ultimate disk to pre-activate it as an Acer OEM. I have allready tested it on an HP system using a Vista Ultimate x86 and x64 disk that I have purchased.

check:
http://oembios.net
for xrm-ms files you will need for the pre-activation process. ;)
Windows XP PowerPacker Reviewed in PC-Quest & PC Utilities magazines!
RVM Integrator Reviewed in CPU magazine and Maximum PC!
--Siginet--
Siginet

Users Information

Postby Bezalel » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:49 pm

OEMScan isn't nessasary for Vista. You can use SLMGR.VBS to import multiple certificates. The extra certificates do not do any harm.
Bezalel

Users Information

Return to The OEM A.C.T.